The Cricket Thread

bewlay

• 1 month later...

This is how you attempt to save a game when batting in the 3rd innings of a match.

....and 30 seconds later Chanderpaul is LBW. I've kissed of deathed the Windies, cracking game from Chanderpaul.

Getting a well deserved standing ovation as he goes.

Edited by drs

....and 30 seconds later Chanderpaul is LBW. I've kissed of deathed the Windies, cracking game from Chanderpaul.

Getting a well deserved standing ovation as he goes.

An absolutely terrific test. Good test cricket is one of the most enthralling sports there is, and this is a great test match.

An absolutely terrific test. Good test cricket is one of the most enthralling sports there is, and this is a great test match.

It is THE sport.

Talking of cricket. I have skillfully managed to turn the Dunfermline summer transfer thread into a chat about how great cricket is.:lol: I'm not sure what some of the wee lambs make of THAT!

Just about to watch Delhi Daredevils v Chennai SuperKings in IPLt20 play-off. My team is the latter because they have the sexiest cheerleaders. (Not the ones with drums.)

Buggering thing is, Russia v Uruguay footie is on half-way through.

(Disclaimer: I know t20 isn't "real" cricket but it is an excuse to ogle numerous Asian babes.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Phoenix

C'mon Tino... just 11 more runs for your century.

He's already got the highest ever score for a number 11 in Test Match History. :D

Jinx!!

Well done to Bestie.

And what was with Ramdin and his wee note to Viv, whit a plonker.

Edited by drs

Jinx!!

Well done to Bestie.

And what was with Ramdin and his wee note to Viv, whit a plonker.

I'm gutted for Tino Best. It would have been a celebration to behold.

As for Ramdin's note to the great Sir Viv, Dinesh must be a brave man. I think it's fair enough if the criticism he has received from Viv has fired him up then good on Dinesh Ramdin for letting the great man know that he's not that bad after all. However, Ramdin could have kept his dignity just a little bit better.

Edited by MB

• 3 weeks later...

On the day my SA tickets arrive Mark Boucher announces his international retirement after his eye injury yesterday.

On the day my SA tickets arrive Mark Boucher announces his international retirement after his eye injury yesterday.

Terrible news for all cricket fans. One of the best wicketkeeper/batsmen of all time. I recall the first time he came over to england on a tour was the series that saw the infamous Atherton/Donald spat at trent Bridge in 98.

Drs enjoy your day at cricket. Hope it is more fun than my trip to Durham last Saturday.

2 days :D

If its pissing it down Leeds its a great place for a day out :D :D