Top Five Cities

Savage Henry

Guest Guinness_Alan

5. Gothenburg - Incredibly clean, well laid out city.

4. San Diego - Went for a 2 week secondment from work and enjoyed every minute.

3. Vienna - Beautiful historic city. Loads to see.

2. Dublin - The home of Guinness. What more can I say?:guinness Don't like the touristy city centre/Temple Bar pubs though. Apart from that it's great.

1. Galway - Very friendly and laid back, great pubs, great scenery round about. Don't ever go to Salthill though (right next to Galway). It's just a tacky Irish version of Blackpool!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Calgary

2. Brussels

3. Copenhagen

4. Vilnius

5. Cardiff

Been to paris, thought it was crap. People were ignorant, food not the best yet cost an arm and a leg plus Scotland got gubbed 5-0 :lol::lol:

yet you like Hong Kong? :blink:

KL is like Hong Kong only more interesting, cleaner, friendier, safer and better grub.

hmm it ain't too friendly if you are female travellers. you get stared at and our first experience was getting a taxi where they proceeded to completely rip us off. it certainly didn't appear cleaner or friendlier or safer. that meant we didn't hang around to find out how interesting it was.

the only thing i liked about KL was the little stall outside our hostel that sold the most amazing chicken and rice.

I was on my own a lot in Hong Kong and only felt threatened a couple of times (the first ended with me refusing to give a dodgy indian fortune teller any money and him shouting at me down the street that i would have a bad sex life! :lol: the second involved me getting stalked round a very posh shopping centre and was swiftly put to a stop with some pointing and threats of security). my best friend grew up there so i just found it a lot friendlier and more interesting to see where she came from. It was certainly clean enough anywhere i went!

that ended up a bit longer than i planned!!

Guest Guinness_Alan
Whereabouts in San Diego were you GA?.Went there one Thanksgiving for a week and loved the place.Always vowed to get back but never managed it yet.

Steven

The Trainbairn

We were staying in downtown SD, near the old town. Some great pubs in the old town! Loved Croce's, which had live jazz and blues every night.

The factory was further out, right under the Coronado bridge, which wasn't the best place to wander about after dark! Someone jumped off the bridge and landed in the factory a few days before we arrived!

One of the guys we were working with stayed at La Jolla, which was really a nice place.

Inverness - Beautiful location, not as yet unspoilt.

Edinburgh - dozens of great places to see, things to do, full of history.

London - Vibrant and buzzing, fine for a wee while, wouldn't fancy living there though.

Houston - Awe inspiring place, the sheer scale of it is amazing, and with the space centre on it's doorstep and Minute Maid Park, a joy to spend time there.

San Antonio - Home of the Alamo, and a wonderful riverway travelling through the centre of the city lined with bars & resteraunts.

i also have a few more on the 'to do' list than the 'been to' but here goes...

Prague - Beautiful, cheap beer, lovely women.

Amsterdam - charismatic, good beer, good drugs, lovely women ! :P

London - very big !

Newcastle - Charmin little city that won me over almost instantly, looking forward to going back !! ....oh! and really friendly women ! :D

Edinburgh - see below

Dublin was ok in parts and Glasgow is not without it's charms but Edinbugh just pipped them to the last spot. I prefer nights out in Glasgow but prefer bevvy sesh's in Edinbugh if that makes sense!?

Guest xbasslichtie

In no particular order....

Kaluta...somethingorother ( I forget its name) in Greece, right on the south tip, had a great time in the area around it and it was a nice wee place

Kegalle (Sri Lanka)- Its a slum, its one of the longest Cities going, but only really has one street. I worked there for 8 months and loved every minute! Friendliest people Ive ever met, despite all the poverty.

Stirling - Well I really like it! Its a nice place, easy to find your way around with stuff to do as well!

Kuwait City (in Kuwait) - Okay, I only spent the night in the international airport, but still, it seemed like an interesting place, everything was pink, money was strange, there was a great mix of people, and the guards seemed friendly even when poking a gun at you! (of course it might be all change now since were all murderers).

Kandy - Oh, Ive just realised 4 of my cities begin with a K, make that Maha Nuwara(its proper name) in Sri Lanka. Home to the Buddhas tooth, the finest botanical gardens Ive ever seen, and the best festival/parade (Pereherah) ever!

Oh and another one....

Ratnapura (Sri Lanka) - Solely because of the fact that it is the gem capital of the world! Thats where I bought my collection from :P

There we go, interesting and cultural enough for you all :P:lol:

When i go abroad i dont really visit cities so not much i reckon its gonna be my top 5 brittish cities, hopefully going to Barcelona next month though :D

1) Cardiff

2) Edinburgh

3) Liverpool

4) Manchester

5) St Andrews

1. San Diego

2.Christchurch

3.San Francisco

4. Melbourne

5. Glasgow

Also like Edinburgh, London, Sydney and the madness of Bangkok. Wasn't too impressed with Singapore, KL or New York though. Reckon LA is alright as well. Doesn't really deserve the slagging it often gets and is certainly 100 times friendlier than New York.

1. A city whish isn't Edinburgh

2. A city whish isn't Edinburgh

3. A city whish isn't Edinburgh

4. A city whish isn't Edinburgh

5. A city whish isn't Edinburgh

Only two years to go and I'm out of there for as long as possible :thumsup2

Archived