The Official "ban Supras" Petition

They are now, classed as the same. Autism.

I am aware of that, which is why I mentioned Autistic Spectrum Disorders initially. However, Asperger's, as most people would know it, is different in that it's not a learning disability. None of which changes the fact that it's not a mental illness.

I am aware of that, which is why I mentioned Autistic Spectrum Disorders initially. However, Asperger's, as most people would know it, is different in that it's not a learning disability. None of which changes the fact that it's not a mental illness.[/quote

No, its not a mental illness.

My son has it aged 14.

Only recently diagnossed with it.

When it was things just fell into place.

Aall the things he does makes sense.

I as his mum feel bad for not seeing it before.

]

Our son is 6 and was diagnosed last year. Like you say, it all clicked into place and the more we learned, the more sense it all made.

You shouldn't feel bad though. We're still learning about the condition and many people only get a diagnosis in adulthood (Susan Boyle being a famous example). I wish people had more of an understanding. I know when I talk about some of my son's behaviour that I've struggled to manage, they think I'm too soft on him or I'm not trying hard enough. If only they knew! Then there's the other sides of his nature, the side that has us all in tears laughing several times a day, the intellect, the logic that you have absolutely no idea how to answer and the fact that I'll never have to ask Traveline how long it takes a Virgin train to get from Glasgow to London while my boy is around!

The attitude I really can't stand is the "why do we have to try and label kids? In my day they were just thick/lazy/bad?" etc. It's ignorance borne of the lack of understanding of the terms used which is why I felt the need to mention it in the first place.

I work with kids all along the autistic spectrum and I frankly couldn't care less where they are on it.

Supras was/is a wanker. He was blatantly a VL who took to P&B to vent his rage on because no wee dirty would let him touch her foo foo because he was a prick offline as well.

I spoke to someone when met him at the 5's and asked 'what's that Supras boy like?'. The response was a wanker gesture.

Edited by Fudge

I work with kids all along the autistic spectrum and I frankly couldn't care less where they are on it.

Supras was/is a wanker. He was blatantly a VL who took to P&B to vent his rage on because no wee dirty would let him touch her foo foo because he was a prick offline as well.

I spoke to someone when met him at the 5's and asked 'what's that Supras boy like?'. The response was a wanker gesture.

You can't say that without telling us who did it!

Our son is 6 and was diagnosed last year. Like you say, it all clicked into place and the more we learned, the more sense it all made.

You shouldn't feel bad though. We're still learning about the condition and many people only get a diagnosis in adulthood (Susan Boyle being a famous example). I wish people had more of an understanding. I know when I talk about some of my son's behaviour that I've struggled to manage, they think I'm too soft on him or I'm not trying hard enough. If only they knew! Then there's the other sides of his nature, the side that has us all in tears laughing several times a day, the intellect, the logic that you have absolutely no idea how to answer and the fact that I'll never have to ask Traveline how long it takes a Virgin train to get from Glasgow to London while my boy is around!

The attitude I really can't stand is the "why do we have to try and label kids? In my day they were just thick/lazy/bad?" etc. It's ignorance borne of the lack of understanding of the terms used which is why I felt the need to mention it in the first place.

Our daughter is 9 and is a mini Sheldon Cooper.

Before we were referred for tests, we and her teachers just had her down as emotionally immature.

The benefits of the diagnosis is that she's stopped being the girl who won't sit still and won't stop talking and is instead the girl who can't sit still and can't stop talking. Just one word changed, but a whole different perspective.

She is also more relaxed in herself as instead of constantly trying to fit in with her neurotypical friends, she has accepted that there's a reason she's a bit different.

I am aware of that, which is why I mentioned Autistic Spectrum Disorders initially. However, Asperger's, as most people would know it, is different in that it's not a learning disability. None of which changes the fact that it's not a mental illness.

If our paranoid society didn't give mental illness such a stigma the label of "disorder" or "illness" wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps "condition" would be a fairer, non judgemental term.

If our paranoid society didn't give mental illness such a stigma the label of "disorder" or "illness" wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps "condition" would be a fairer, non judgemental term.

Except that ASD isn't a mental illness! I have no issue with the term "mental illness" (given I've dealt with it myself, no stigma here), but it should be applied properly. However you try and imply that the problem here is someone else's paranoia or sensitivity, you are wrong. Learning disabilities are a completely separate area. It's not about judgement, it's about understanding.

I dont class my Son as having an illness, condition is right.

He is doing badly in School bot tell me what 247 x 344 makes in ten seconds!

I'm pretty sure Supras has some form of disorder, probably Aspergers. He is also a total arsehole. As someone pointed out he'd been here far too long and was far too persistent to be a troll.

I'm pretty sure Supras has some form of disorder, probably Aspergers. He is also a total arsehole. As someone pointed out he'd been here far too long and was far too persistent to be a troll.

Based on having done as much research as I suspect you have, I reckon he's deaf, dumb and blind, yet plays a mean pinball.

If you're going to have an opinion, at least try to make it an educated one.

http://www.autism.org.uk/About-autism/Autism-and-Asperger-syndrome-an-introduction/What-is-Asperger-syndrome.aspx

Based on having done as much research as I suspect you have, I reckon he's deaf, dumb and blind, yet plays a mean pinball.

If you're going to have an opinion, at least try to make it an educated one.

http://www.autism.org.uk/About-autism/Autism-and-Asperger-syndrome-an-introduction/What-is-Asperger-syndrome.aspx

It's based on the fact he behaves similarly to other people I know who have Aspergers. The fact he is an arsehole is self-evident.

Supras was/is a w****r. He was blatantly a VL who took to P&B to vent his rage on because no wee dirty would let him touch her foo foo because he was a p***k offline as well.

I spoke to someone when met him at the 5's and asked 'what's that Supras boy like?'. The response was a w****r gesture.

This sums him up perfectly.

I might be wrong but I think some posters are being too kind to Supras in giving him an excuse that he couldn't help posting the way he did when in reality he was the least humorous troll on the site often leaving huge bits of it a no-go area.

Most of other regular trolls will at least post a wee gem now and again that would leave you chuckling while Supras had the worst patter of any of the more prolific posters and had the debating skills of a 5 year-old.

Can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Wasn't there a photo posted on here recently of a Saint Mirren fan with one of the home shirts on which had Supras on the back?

That was the collective name given to a short lived singing section created to enhance the atmosphere. Couple of dozen wee boys allowed to stand and wave flags tucked away in a corner.

Please ensure you are sitting down and away from any sharp instruments before you read the following.

Supras is back as 'barrysnotter' on the St Mirren v Lolmarnock thread.

2015 had started so promisingly as well :(