Official P&b Cycling Thread

Fantastic stuff Sir.

I was thinking my 20 mile Saturday morning loop (quick visit to my Mum and home over Dunnichen Hill) before going to the match was decent enough...

Dunnichen is a classic....many have failed in their attempt. :-)

Dunnichen is a classic....many have failed in their attempt. :-)

I had to pull over twice in truth. First time for a car which crept up behind me from Burnside (TBF they were being very patient), the second time was for a DPL delivery van which met me at the summit. Feck knows what he was doing there. :huh:

I had to pull over twice in truth. First time for a car which crept up behind me from Burnside (TBF they were being very patient), the second time was for a DPL delivery van which met me at the summit. Feck knows what he was doing there. :huh:

Know the feeling....i had to contend with a Honda S200 meet who passed me as i was on the Schiehallion climb.....all 40 of them racing like dickheads!!

Measuring his package.

Did my last 'big one' for a while yesterday......kept getting asked "are you doing the etape"....well i did do it and another 85 miles extra.. :-)

https://www.strava.com/routes/4782470

Excellent TBS.

On the subject of motorbikes I have sometimes found them to be even more inconsiderate than car drivers.

Went out to do the Tay loop yesterday and got mixed up with the Kinross sportive stragglers. Encouraged me to go a bit harder than normal. By the time I got to the top of Kinnoul Hill I was literally seeing stars - vision flickering etc. I was having thoughts about Peem Brewster's sad demise - really nice guy btw. Thinking this stuff about 'your heart only has so many beats in it and when you use them up it just stops'!! Head gone!

Anyway a big drink and a caffeine gel did the trick and I had a great ride home downwind through the Carse.

Excellent TBS.

On the subject of motorbikes I have sometimes found them to be even more inconsiderate than car drivers.

Went out to do the Tay loop yesterday and got mixed up with the Kinross sportive stragglers. Encouraged me to go a bit harder than normal. By the time I got to the top of Kinnoul Hill I was literally seeing stars - vision flickering etc. I was having thoughts about Peem Brewster's sad demise - really nice guy btw. Thinking this stuff about 'your heart only has so many beats in it and when you use them up it just stops'!! Head gone!

Anyway a big drink and a caffeine gel did the trick and I had a great ride home downwind through the Carse.

I need to get rid of the 25 cassete.....just a bit too much at times now...Cairn O Mount is a real struggle with it! I have never used heart monitors but if you sruggle then they may give you a guide of when to stop....no shame in it!

I did a 30 mile trek yesterday and it just felt like the wind was determined to go against me.  I cycled in a loop and it never really seemed to be behind me.

What I've been focusing on recently is trying to see how long I can cycle without a rest.  I managed the route yesterday so I'm hoping to push on and do a continual 3 hours or something soon.

At 450 miles for the year which I think is decent.  Don't use my bike for commuting at all.

I need to get rid of the 25 cassete.....just a bit too much at times now...Cairn O Mount is a real struggle with it! I have never used heart monitors but if you sruggle then they may give you a guide of when to stop....no shame in it!

I have extensively used heart monitors over the years - I kind of think - a) I know my own body now and b) I don't have the discipline to react to the numbers anyway!

I'd really like to buy a watt meter. The biggest improvement I've seen in riders performance has been on the back of them. However I just know again I wouldn't be disciplined enough to use it properly.

ETA - a 25 cassette!! Get a pizza cutter on the back man.

Edited by Fifespud

Off to Majorca for a week with the bike club on Saturday

Weather forecast looking a bit iffy, just when its due to get warmer and more settled back here.....................typical!

Swap with you?

Check your personal messages Sir.

By the time I got to the top of Kinnoul Hill I was literally seeing stars - vision flickering etc. I was having thoughts about Peem Brewster's sad demise - really nice guy btw. Thinking this stuff about 'your heart only has so many beats in it and when you use them up it just stops'!! Head gone!

Kinnoul Hill is an utter, utter, utter, b*****d. So many false summits and too few gears. No worse feeling* than clicking over to the lowest gear while knowing you're not even half way up.

*There probably is, but I'm trying to be dramatic.

Kinnoul Hill is an utter, utter, utter, b*****d. So many false summits and too few gears. No worse feeling* than clicking over to the lowest gear while knowing you're not even half way up.

*There probably is, but I'm trying to be dramatic.

I have a triple. Given I often have full panniers, tents and other kit, there is zero way Id get up some hills without it. 

I heart by granny gear. 

Edited by dorlomin

The cycle home from work today was a 'challenge' against that wind...  

Looking out now and nothing, not even a breeze. 

On reflection, the Lucky Dip ticket for tonight's Euro is probably a tad ambitious.  :P