Official P&b Cycling Thread

I'm thinking of doing the shorter 40mile pedal for Scotland, did the 25miles to Kilwinning in just under 2 hours so should be good for a 3 to 3 and a half hour cycle to Edinburgh.

Pretty sure it is 50 miles not 40 the shorter route?

Turns out it was. A bit of glass the most likely culprit according to the guy in the shop.

So he fitted once of these - http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Nimbus-Armadillo-Hybrid-Bike-Tyre_15845.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Product_Search&utm_campaign=Froogle01 - which he said I could fire bullets at not damage it :lol: . It was £23, which doesn't seem to shabby so I might get the front one done as well next week.

Edited by The Master

It's arrived!!:D

Cycled back from Edinburgh, managed a good avergare speed despite having to make my way through town.

Important tip for everyone - make sure you get the right sized bike, it was well worth taking the other one back, feels much better.

Important tip for everyone - make sure you get the right sized bike, it was well worth taking the other one back, feels much better.

Totally. I tried the smaller frame out on mine first of all and it was just all wrong.

Mind you sadly enough I noticed a pic in the paper today of Nicolas Sarkozy out riding his bike (no not his missus tongue.gif) and noticed it was the racing edition of my own bike laugh.gif

Signed up for the Glasgow 100 now just need to decide if its 100 mile or 100k i'll go for need to go out and get some long distance cycles over the weekend

I'm doing the 100 mile option. Give me a shout if you fancy saying hello :)

Not been out on my bike since last Thursday due flue like virus I picked up which floored me for 5 days.

Going to go out myself tonight for a gentle wee run and break myself back in gently,as still not feeling 100% :(

I just returned from holiday in Crete on Monday. My eldest had developed a cold-type thing a day or so before we were heading home, and half of the passengers on the plane were coughing and sneezing all the way back. Our flight was at 12.35am, and I then had to drive home to Dunbartonshire from Manchester. No surprise then that I picked up this lurgie (as did my missus) after no sleep for about 30 hours and travelling for 10 or so <_<

Anyway, I'd really missed getting out on the bike so, against my better judgement, took it out yesterday morning when I knew was fucked. Big mistake. I was struggling for breath after 20 minutes, and had to severely curtail the run and face the hill from hell that awaits me as I approach home. It was no fun at all, and I'd have been better to wait until I was in better nick, as I've probably set myself back a few days.

On another more general note, it's worth checking out the current edition of Cycling Active which includes a rather nifty wee DVD on proper bike set-up. Well worth getting a hold of it before the new issue comes out.

I'm doing the 100 mile option. Give me a shout if you fancy saying hello :)

Just finshed the sign up and it offically the 100 mile option we shall see on the day lol yeah mate i'll be hanging at the back lol

Done a 25 mile stint today as a warm up well on the gps 25.84 mile lol every bit counts out tomorrow for a little longer. Planing going on a monster cycle on sunday well hopefully

Edited by paisleysaints

Just finshed the sign up and it offically the 100 mile option we shall see on the day lol yeah mate i'll be hanging at the back lol

Done a 25 mile stint today as a warm up well on the gps 25.84 mile lol every bit counts out tomorrow for a little longer. Planing going on a monster cycle on sunday well hopefully

Good stuff (and cheers for the PM) - I'll give you a shout nearer the time to catch up and say hello....assuming I can still breathe let alone talk :P

I thought I was doing well with my 25-milers. I can see I've a ways to go yet.

Was out yesterday and I've now got sunburnt thighs.

The rest of my legs are still peely-wally white but the upper side of my thighs are bacon-pink. The wife thinks it's hilarious.

I thought I was doing well with my 25-milers. I can see I've a ways to go yet.

Was out yesterday and I've now got sunburnt thighs.

The rest of my legs are still peely-wally white but the upper side of my thighs are bacon-pink. The wife thinks it's hilarious.

I've never cycled more than 40 miles, so this is virgin territory for me too. It'll be an experience, that's for sure, but if you don't set a few goals now again, it can be easy to stagnate.

just back from another run another 27 mile on the clock was somehow faster than yesterday and done longer, might have been that pint at the pullman :)

32 mile is my longest yet. going to have to increase the miles over the next few runs to get the legs ready for 100 miles not setting myself any targets on the day just be happy finishing

Did my first decent cycle on the new bike yesterday - Round the Forth (two bridges) which was just under 40 miles. Thought I had struggled but took 24 minutes off the time it took on the hybrid and the weather was similar.

Now just need to build up to the 100 mile Pedal for Scotland run in September.

Is this the one that Drooper and Paisleysaints are talking about or a different one????

Edit - scratch that last question - just found it.

Edited by monkeyblair