Official P&b Cycling Thread

Cycle track? How was the bit from Glengarnock to Kilwinning?

When you come off cycle track at Glengarnock you come out in an industrial estate then its all back roads to kilwinning not bad but not great

Edited by paisleysaints

got my speed meter thing sorted( with my mums help) and went out for a short cycle to check it. Did 15 km in like 30 - 45 mins, not sure. top speed 57.1 km/h. :D

Hoping to go out on a monster cycle sometime soon, maybe like 50miles. :)

When you come off cycle track at Glengarnock you come out in an industrial estate then its all back roads to kilwinning not bad but not great

Aye that road in Glengarnock in the industrial estate isn't potholed but is the roughest road I've been on not to have any for me!

I just hated the road surface and hills on the way to Kilwinning

Aye that road in Glengarnock in the industrial estate isn't potholed but is the roughest road I've been on not to have any for me!

I just hated the road surface and hills on the way to Kilwinning

Yeah it is a rough road and the kilwinning road is just like anyother back road but with this cycle coming up i'm guessing its better off getting training in on those B roads as the routes no doubt use alot of them, I was dreaming that it would be all cycle path terrain lol

The route has now been put on line

Aye, they had it up then pulled it, and it is back online again. I can't remember the original route, but I think it might have been amended a bit. The reality of this thing is now hitting home. I'm looking forward to it but dreading the prospect of a strength sapping wind on the day. That is the biggest fear, but it'll be a good day out, and the buzz should carry us over the line (or, if not, a 4-man stretcher team :ph34r: )

Aye, they had it up then pulled it, and it is back online again. I can't remember the original route, but I think it might have been amended a bit. The reality of this thing is now hitting home. I'm looking forward to it but dreading the prospect of a strength sapping wind on the day. That is the biggest fear, but it'll be a good day out, and the buzz should carry us over the line (or, if not, a 4-man stretcher team :ph34r: )

Yeah i was really confident of doing this then something clicked when i seen the route, As you say if its windy i think the run between Greenock and W Kilbride will be torture, Going to go to bishy and hunt out the start of the route head to greenock and check it out,

The stretcher team will be busy with me dont worry

Yeah i was really confident of doing this then something clicked when i seen the route, As you say if its windy i think the run between Greenock and W Kilbride will be torture, Going to go to bishy and hunt out the start of the route head to greenock and check it out,

The stretcher team will be busy with me dont worry

The reality is hitting home to me, that's for sure - it's a long, long way :unsure:

The reality is hitting home to me, that's for sure - it's a long, long way :unsure:

It is- 100miles is serious territory.

On an average day I do 20kph or 12mph cycling (granted that includes red lights and junctions) but even allowing for that it would take me at least 8 hours non stop to do in total!

I'll stick to pedal for Scotland at the moment. 50 miles seems fine for me.

There's something up with my rear brakes.

No matter what I do, one of the blocks won't pull back. I've adjusted the tension, checked the wheel, cleaned out any gunk...but no, nothing. I'll take it to the shop tomorrow to see if they can figure out what's up. But unless I completely loosen said brakes, I'll need to fight one of the blocks all the way there <_<

Just finshed the sign up and it offically the 100 mile option we shall see on the day lol yeah mate i'll be hanging at the back lol

Done a 25 mile stint today as a warm up well on the gps 25.84 mile lol every bit counts out tomorrow for a little longer. Planing going on a monster cycle on sunday well hopefully

I've signed up for this too although I'm taking the jessie option and doing the 100k instead of the 100 mile.

Had my first decent run back from work this evening.

No wind, no rain, it was absolutely brilliant. Just under 19 miles and it's a great way to de-stress after a crap day at the office.

I only stopped when i got home as i was getting hungry and had no cash to get something whilst out otherwise i would have kept on going.

Hills that previously ruined me seemed to breeze by today.

It is- 100miles is serious territory.

On an average day I do 20kph or 12mph cycling (granted that includes red lights and junctions) but even allowing for that it would take me at least 8 hours non stop to do in total!

I'll stick to pedal for Scotland at the moment. 50 miles seems fine for me.

I done 55 miles on Sunday there took me 4 hours cycling time according to my cycling app but we did have a break at the pub which wasnt included of course, I've said its goign to take me between 8 and 10 hours (i hope) to complete things 100 mile trip

You'll do the 50 miles in a breeze i done that on my hybrid you'll blow that time on your road bike

I've signed up for this too although I'm taking the jessie option and doing the 100k instead of the 100 mile.

Had my first decent run back from work this evening.

No wind, no rain, it was absolutely brilliant. Just under 19 miles and it's a great way to de-stress after a crap day at the office.

I only stopped when i got home as i was getting hungry and had no cash to get something whilst out otherwise i would have kept on going.

Hills that previously ruined me seemed to breeze by today.

Team P&B going for this now lol

well 100 k 100 mile either way its going to be a good run out, I thought about the lesser option but after my trip on sunday i decided the longer option can be done.

I done 55 miles on Sunday there took me 4 hours cycling time according to my cycling app but we did have a break at the pub which wasnt included of course, I've said its goign to take me between 8 and 10 hours (i hope) to complete things 100 mile trip

You'll do the 50 miles in a breeze i done that on my hybrid you'll blow that time on your road bike

Yeah, I just get bored too easily!

I'm tempted by the 100km ride- I've done 40km in 2 hours on the cycle track- so fancy pushing myself for that too.

Have we all retired our bikes for the last few days?? How is everyones training coming along for the Glasgow 100 & Pedal for Scotland,

I've just been going back n forth from work this week about 15 miles or so, Also done 20 odd going out to Kilmacolm where i came across a cycling team in full flow, those boys can fair shift