Official P&b Cycling Thread

Wife and youngster are off down to London tomorrow for 5 days so hopefully the weather is decent as I intend to do at least 150 miles in total over the 5 days, hopefully more.

and your taking the car to the game on wednesday,get a light FFS :rolleyes:

Cycled about 36 miles today, My phone battery died on the way home and my tracker only recorded 31.

Checked out a few of the cycle routes that are local. had some fun

You do know dry lube is for the "dry" and wet lube is for the "wet"?

I love this thread, makes me laugh at how thick you all are when it comes to bike maintenance

Ladies and gentlemen, it appears we have a resident imbecile <_<

Just a wee bump for this, starts in half an hour ! 8)

Didn't catch this RB. Any good?

ETA:

caught it this morning on the ITV player thing:

ITV4 Cycle Show

I enjoyed it - nothing too serious or hardcore, but some good wee features and interviews - with two of my cycling heroes, Graeme Obree and Gary Fisher :)

Edited by Drooper

Didn't catch this RB. Any good?

ETA:

caught it this morning on the ITV player thing:

ITV4 Cycle Show

I enjoyed it - nothing too serious or hardcore, but some good wee features and interviews - with two of my cycling heroes, Graeme Obree and Gary Fisher :)

Watched it last night and to be honest,I thought it was simply awful.

Crap production and Graeme Obree sounded like he'd sniffed a line of Columbian marching powder before he'd come to the studio

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Crap production and Graeme Obree sounded like he'd sniffed a line of Columbian marching powder before he'd come to the studio

Ach, it was low level snuff (not what Obree had snorted!).

It did seem to be tagged together on the hoof, but I thought that was part of the appeal. Not too polished, and accessible enough for diddies like me.

Obree suffers from bi-bolar disorder, so it is no surprise if he comes across as a little intense at times.

I was disappointed with the show and at times it looked like some of them had sniffed more stuff than some of the recent peloton . In fact, at one point I was genuinely concerned, as it looked like....and I'm being serious here... Obree might have developed Parkinsons .

However, the same guy was then on the late edition of Scotland Today and was, to my surprise, relaxed, articulate, and humorous..... it was like watching and listening to a different guy . :huh:

Edited by chuckles

Thought that the show had potential, but could do with being a bit longer so they can have a bit more depth to the features. Think the chat bit needs a bit more structure - didn''t seem like they knew quite what they were meant to be doing. Something along the lines of Top Gear's news section. In fact, the whole show would be quite good if it was like Top Gear, but without quite so much of the dicking about. Still going to tune in next week though.

Thought that the show had potential, but could do with being a bit longer so they can have a bit more depth to the features. Think the chat bit needs a bit more structure - didn''t seem like they knew quite what they were meant to be doing. Something along the lines of Top Gear's news section. In fact, the whole show would be quite good if it was like Top Gear, but without quite so much of the dicking about. Still going to tune in next week though.

That's pretty much how I seen it.

I think they were struggling to focus due the Tour win, and were trying to give it a very live, exciting feel on the back of that. With a more settled schedule, and tighter direction, it could improve.

Scary moment tonight at training

Going round a corner at 25 mph and my back tyre punctured. It was like hitting a patch of ice and I totally lost control . Luckily enough there were no cars coming the opposite way, but don't know how I managed to stay upright.

Any idea what caused the puncture? I'm yet to have a puncture at speed, fortunately.

Ironically, the last puncture I had was on my way to buy new tubes and a puncture repair kit.

Just a wee bit of sharp stone

I've got Gatorskins tyres and that's my 4th puncture in the last 3 months.

Mind you, I'm probably doing around 250 miles a week just now

Must admit, shook me up a wee bit tonight

That's a fair few! Especially for "summer" riding.

I've been using the Gator Hard Shell's since about March and they've been fantastic. Only puncture I had with them was a pinch puncture from running it at way too low a pressure. Great tyres and only marginally heavier than the Gatorskins. If you're getting that many punctures then I'd definitely check them out.

My brakes appear to have stopped working.

what could have caused this? I pull them both and they don't even stop the wheel now

Could be any number of things, but not something you can afford to leave (obviously). If you aren't sure how to fiddle with them, ask a mate who does or take the bike to your local shop. Not worth taking any chances.

Chances are your cable has snapped, come away from the lever or caliper, or siezed.