Official P&b Cycling Thread

In the files of the dead 'dangerous' cyclist it says he was too close.

Don't take the high horse with me, it cost me £218 when a cyclist crashing into by bumper 5 months back.

PLEASE RESPECT CARS AND DROP AT LEAST 3 seconds back and save lives.

So by saying the cyclist was,"too close", you automatically assume he was 30cm behind the car and also travelling at a speed of 30-40mph?.

Fair enough, I'll therefore assume that a) if the accident cost you £218 it was you at fault and b) by using phases such as "don't take the high horse" and "respect cars" you're an even bigger cuntiod than I thought you were

30cm behind the car and also travelling at a speed of 30-40mph?.

That is the kind of thing you might expect with the team time trail on Tour de France and other open road team time trials.

Commuting it is far more likely to be a few meters with speeds of about 16mph.

However this "wingsoverperthshire" character seems nothing but a fud on the windup.

That is the kind of thing you might expect with the team time trail on Tour de France and other open road team time trials.

Commuting it is far more likely to be a few meters with speeds of about 16mph.

However this "wingsoverperthshire" character seems nothing but a fud on the windup.

Tbh, he doesn't sound intelligent enough to think of a windup

A few nights ago (at precisely 1.10 am) a blue Renault Clio collided with a cyclist. Cyclist gunned it across a roundabout thinking there was no traffic coming from the right. Wrong. Didn't even have a light on and was too ignorant to slow down and look.

In my opinion you should have a license if you're cycling on the road. Otherwise get the f**k off.

A few nights ago (at precisely 1.10 am) a blue Renault Clio collided with a cyclist. Cyclist gunned it across a roundabout thinking there was no traffic coming from the right. Wrong. Didn't even have a light on and was too ignorant to slow down and look.

In my opinion you should have a license if you're cycling on the road. Otherwise get the f**k off.

Yup,if the cyclist had a license this incident would certainly have been avoided !

Good attempt , but just highlights how thick you are

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Leave the trolling to someone who is semi decent at it son.

As someone who drives more than he cycles I would need to say that cyclists are generally quite bad with the normal rules of the road (including me). Luckily I haven't had any scares myself although I'm not cycling to work at all and I'm staying off a lot of main roads.

I've done 115 miles in October in around 12 hours and I'm really enjoying it. Starting to challenge myself a bit more as well.

As someone who drives more than he cycles I would need to say that cyclists are generally quite bad with the normal rules of the road (including me). Luckily I haven't had any scares myself although I'm not cycling to work at all and I'm staying off a lot of main roads.

I've done 115 miles in October in around 12 hours and I'm really enjoying it. Starting to challenge myself a bit more as well.

Refreshing honesty Dindeleux. Cycling's a sport that should be encouraged but money needs to be channelled into educating cyclists, and improving cycle routes in our major cities.

The vast majority will.

• Tailgate
  • Drive through Red lights.
  • Block Pedestrian Crossing by going beyond the advanced stop line
  • Skip onto Pavements
  • Filter in between cars at high speed.
  • Signal late or not at all
  • Undertake

I've only been involved in 4 crashes and 3 have involved been shunted by a sweaty pauper.

Edited by wingsoverperthshire

Maybe but as you cycle more, you will realise that this also applies to drivers.

Refreshing honesty Dindeleux. Cycling's a sport that should be encouraged but money needs to be channelled into educating cyclists, and improving cycle routes in our major cities.

The vast majority I encounter Cyclists will.

• Tailgate
  • Drive through Red lights.
  • Block Pedestrian Crossing by going beyond the advanced stop line
  • Skip onto Pavements
  • Filter in between cars at high speed.
  • Signal late or not at all
  • Undertake

I've only been involved in 4 crashes and 3 have involved been shunted by a sweaty pauper.

As driver and cyclist i have had numerous close calls with drivers whilst cycling all caused by drivers not paying attention.

Whilst driving i have had no incidents with cyclists and that includes the ones that should take more care,conclusion,if you pay attention and read the road your far more likely not to crash

You've had four crashes,you aint paying attention, get off road and make the roads safer

As driver and cyclist i have had numerous close calls with drivers whilst cycling all caused by drivers not paying attention.

Whilst driving i have had no incidents with cyclists and that includes the ones that should take more care,conclusion,if you pay attention and read the road your far more likely not to crash

You've had four crashes,you aint paying attention, get off road and make the roads safer

I didn't crash into anyone I was attacked by a person on a bike. How many lives need to be lost before you concede there's a problem?

Edited to add I notice you never responded to the bullet points.

Edited by wingsoverperthshire

....I was attacked by a person on a bike......

Considering the fact you come across as a total

Bell End , I think the fact the person who attacked you was on a bike is irrelevant.

Stop being such a c**t and maybe people will leave you alone

ETA on second thoughts , continue being a c**t , the more you get attacked the better

Edited by Unleash The Nade

The vast majority will.

• Tailgate

I can 'tailgate' a car. But only on a down hill. And I am a rather good cyclist. I can assure you that if you perceive the 'vast majority' of cyclists as 'tailgating' then the problem is your perception.

You sound like someone with a persecution complex, no road awareness and a self confessed high accident rate.

You have done me a favor today. You have reminded me just how big a mouth breathing clown shoe can get behind the wheel of 3/4rs a tonne of metal and blame every impact they have on others.

You are giving me insults not solutions.

There needs to be give and take on both sides ( Cyclist and normal people). The Evening news in Edinburgh released a map of the city showing all the serious accidents involving Cyclists over the last 10 years, it was utterly shocking. Normally young healthy people killed in the act of riding home.

Please, drop the insults and give me a response. What actions of the Car class endangers the common Cyclist?

FWIW I am planning on doing the route of TdF 2014 day three route tomorrow. Good route, few rolling hills, the kind you can get enough speed up on the downs to take you most of the way up the ups.

Edited by dorlomin