Official P&b Cycling Thread

I was out at the weekend on the bike, just round the helix paths to check them out. 16 miles.

However!! I felt fine on Sunday night and Monday until I went to a spin class on Monday night and could hardly sit on the seat, realised I was in agony! I know spin seats aren't designed for comfort but jeez it was sore for the full 45 mins.

On my bike I have a ladies gel seat and I had my padded cycling shorts on so why??? :unsure2:

I was out at the weekend on the bike, just round the helix paths to check them out. 16 miles.

However!! I felt fine on Sunday night and Monday until I went to a spin class on Monday night and could hardly sit on the seat, realised I was in agony! I know spin seats aren't designed for comfort but jeez it was sore for the full 45 mins.

On my bike I have a ladies gel seat and I had my padded cycling shorts on so why??? :unsure2:

I haven't heard many good accounts of those gel seats. They aren't supportive enough, and this can be worse for your hin' end than a hard perch.

I've struggled to get out the last few weeks due to weekend commitments and the dark evenings. Going for a beast run this weekend as penance.

I'm waiting on my bike2work vouchers coming through this month and had my eye set on the '13 Boardman Team Hybrid but I've just noticed the '14 models were launched today. Any idea how long it takes for Halfords to get them in stock after launch?

Just took this pic of it incase anyone is interested.

1378135442589.jpg

Okaydoke. I've came to the decision of selling my roadbike due to lack of use. I don't really know what the value of it is to be honest hence the reason I'm turning to the trusted cyclists on this!

Details;

Boardman Roadbike Pro (originally bought brand new in 2011) full carbon fibre. Ritchey rims with one barely used continental ultra race tyre and one brand new continental gatorskin tyre. Shimano ultegra pedals fitted however I do have a set of standard ones as spare. Crud road racer 2 mudguards and both front and rear lights fitted. I also have loads of accessories such as lubs, cleaning shit and a spare tube/puncture repair kit.

All parts of the bike are in outstanding condition and the approximate mileage of the bike will be around 1000 miles. I really haven't used it as much as I'd have liked and would much prefer someone took it off me and appreciate it like it should.

£660 anyone?

Just had some minor repairs done at Millars cycle repairs in Wishaw(behind the old Heathery bar)Quick and cheap i'd recommend them.

Good post, recommending a shop. Any of the Ayrshire cyclists want to praise a LBS? My recent experience left me dissatisfied and I'm wondering where is good?

I don't think I've seen it mentioned on here, so I thought I'd let you know about a "SkyRide" I did on Sunday. These are organised by British Cycling, sponsored by Sky in partnership with participating Councils. It was 25 miles round trip starting and ending at Ainslie Park, Edinburgh - through the paths and roads to the Forth Road Bridge, over to Inverkeithing and back on a slightly different route. All very leisurely and social, so not for the racers among you, perhaps. It was really good fun, led by a great wee guy called Mark - a true cycling enthusiast.

It's a shame that this initiative has not been embraced by any of the West of Scotland Councils.

Has anyone cycled that Kilmarnock to Glasgow route before?

You mean the old A77?

If so, great route. The prevailing wind is a south westerly so normally a tailwind to Glasgow and a headwind to Kilmarnock (which can be brutal).

You mean the old A77?

If so, great route. The prevailing wind is a south westerly so normally a tailwind to Glasgow and a headwind to Kilmarnock (which can be brutal).

Yes that's the one I'm heading up it tomorrow. Is it a deceiving one or is it basically uphill towards East Kilbride and downhill either side of it?

You mean the old A77?

Yes that's the one I'm heading up it tomorrow. Is it a deceiving one or is it basically uphill towards East Kilbride and downhill either side of it?

I've done this a couple of times.

Earlier this year I cycled from Ayr up to Glasgow. It was a really wet day though and the A77 is a bit scary until it becomes the M77. from then on it's great, a virtually empty A77.

It's a nice long downhill run into Glasgow too.. :)

It's a gentle uphill then downhill to Glasgow on the old A77. You won't really notice the gradient though.

If you're going to EK then you'll probably go along the moor road to Eaglesham. There are some reasonable climbs on that road but the views are spectacular.