Official P&b Cycling Thread

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

After about 9 months of not having a bike I think I want a mountain bike. one I will stick slicks on when I ride solely on roads.

What should I be looking at?

What are you looking to spend and what would the usage be? i.e. just roads or planning on some off road as well?

Can end up lugging a load of extra weight about for no reason.

Edited by stu_mfc

5 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

What are you looking to spend and what would the usage be? i.e. just roads or planning on some off road as well?

Can end up lugging a load of extra weight about for no reason.

Bit of both TBH, before my bike was stole I missed the opportunity to go down the woods on the nature trails. So I think I want to back to having a MB, but when I can I will throw the slick road tyres on it.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Bit of both TBH, before my bike was stole I missed the opportunity to go down the woods on the nature trails. So I think I want to back to having a MB, but when I can I will throw the slick road tyres on it.

Have a look at the Voodoo or Boardman bikes on Halfords. Reasonably priced and decent kit.

Any info about Turbo Trainers lads?

I've got a tacx vortex smart. Does everything I need and solid enough. Works with zwift or trainerroad. Think it has some limitations if your pushing 900+ watts but I'm not likely to be doing that very often.

27 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Could this be why Pearbuyerbell hates cyclists?

Is this him being caught in action ?

I was once cycling through the woods when I went past a guy sucking another mans cock.

"Excuse me guys!"

Didn't even have the decency to go into the bushes.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

After about 9 months of not having a bike I think I want a mountain bike. one I will stick slicks on when I ride solely on roads.

What should I be looking at?

A hardtail unless you are gonna be serious off roading.

The MTB I have has 26 inch wheels but some have 27.5 inch or 29 inch wheels to improve the rolling over bumps. Have a wee look on the web for some advice.

A hardtail unless you are gonna be serious off roading.
The MTB I have has 26 inch wheels but some have 27.5 inch or 29 inch wheels to improve the rolling over bumps. Have a wee look on the web for some advice.

Have a look at a separate wheel set as well - slicks are a pain in the hole to be taking on and off the whole time - might be that you get a better deal on that in 26 than on the 'newer' sizes

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Have a look at a separate wheel set as well - slicks are a pain in the hole to be taking on and off the whole time - might be that you get a better deal on that in 26 than on the 'newer' sizes

Be lucky to find a new bike with 26" wheels. 27.5 and 29 seem to be king now. 

Also worth considering an all round tyre. Something like a schawlbe smart Sam. Do road and woods no bother. 

Edited by stu_mfc

3 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

What's your budget ?

Good Question. I haven't really got one yet. I don't wanna go overboard but I will see what I can get for a reasonable price.