Golfers Thread

Gaz

I let my handicap lapse by not playing the three medals a couple of Years ago, but I want it back this year.

I believe I just need to get three cards in.

Will the club assess those cards and arrive at a handicap, based on them?

Or will they just look at what it was when it lapsed and give me something similar?

I suspect that my old handicap was lower than would be reflected in any three cards I'd get in anytime soon.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I let my handicap lapse by not playing the three medals a couple of Years ago, but I want it back this year.

I believe I just need to get their cards in.

Will the club assess those cards and arrive at a handicap, based on them?

Or will they just look at what it was when it lapsed and give me something similar?

I suspect that my old handicap was lower than would be reflected in any three cards I'd get in anytime soon.

Bit of a combination id think,guys that do the handicaps at most clubs are usually pretty good at sorting it out

From SGU FAQs

http://www.scottishgolf.org/wp-content/uploads/FAQs.pdf

What does a player need to do to regain a ‘Competition Handicap?

To regain a CONGU® compliant ‘Competition Handicap’ it is necessary to return a minimum of three cards in accordance with Clauses 16.2/16.3 of the CONGU® Unified Handicapping System.

Following submission, by a player, of the required number of cards to regain a ‘Competition Handicap’, would their handicap be restored at the previous level?

Not necessarily. The handicap allocated should be based on the cards returned, the ‘live’ cards carried forward, where applicable, together with all information available about the player’s playing history and ability.

From SGU FAQs

http://www.scottishgolf.org/wp-content/uploads/FAQs.pdf

What does a player need to do to regain a ‘Competition Handicap?

To regain a CONGU® compliant ‘Competition Handicap’ it is necessary to return a minimum of three cards in accordance with Clauses 16.2/16.3 of the CONGU® Unified Handicapping System.

Following submission, by a player, of the required number of cards to regain a ‘Competition Handicap’, would their handicap be restored at the previous level?

Not necessarily. The handicap allocated should be based on the cards returned, the ‘live’ cards carried forward, where applicable, together with all information available about the player’s playing history and ability.

Thanks.

It sounds kind of discretionary.

I'll need to take my chances.

Looking forward to DL3s usual top notch Masters preview, Tiger Woods has confirmed that he won't play next week as he tries to get over his back injury which he says he is making progress in. He is now 472nd in the World Rankings.

Hi Squirrel, you still fancy doing this?

Yes.  But having organised many, many golf meets (including nationwide competitions), I have to be prepared to become unpopular.  

That is, there is no point in asking everyone what day they prefer, the location, the standard of golf course, rules of competition, tee off time etc etc- it ends up with a 20 page discussion, followed by arguments, people saying "ahm no playing' there" and "feck you, I'll arrange ma own comp, ya bass" and so on.

In there interests of (finally) getting a P&B meet arranged, I will pick the date, I will pick the location, I will be demanding a 50% deposit 8 weeks in advance and then it's up to the masses whether they want to come, or not.  

Harsh, but fair and I hope you and everyone else understands.

In the meantime, I could do with everyone chipping in to confirm whether they'd want to play if:

a) The date is suitable

b) The location is accessible

:)

Yep, providing it doesn't clash with any of my clubs fixtures, I would be up for this.

Fair points bud, I would play

Just pick a date/place and whoever is available can play.

Just won stableford at Charleton

Well done mate. Sounds like the meet would have its first bandit  :thumsup2

Okay so I have a question that I have been looking into and reading up online but not taking it in at all.

GOLF BALLS.....is there such a thing as a more forgiven ball or the polar opposite?

I am trying to find a ball that I like but don't want to buy a rubbish ball that doesn't give good distance.

Plus I don't want to buy a ball that may be to good for me and if I play a draw/fade the ball may exagerate with spin how bad my shot is.

Is that possible, does that make sense and does it exist or am I over thinking as usuall and trying to blame a golf ball for my bad golf?