Golfers Thread

Gaz

If your local bud gives a shout anytime you fancy a round.

I am not the best and learning myself but always up for a game and blether with someone.

Will do bud, I won't be anything special either as I've only played 4/5 rounds in the last 3 years.

Gies a shout if you and db want a bounce ill sign you on to Balbernie

Excellent, when are you home? Always like a round up Balbirnie and a catch up with your good self.

If your ever needing a partner fire me a message bud we can pick up a decent course on tee times. I'm looking to het back into this year again after barely playing the last few weeks.

I'm up at Balwearie tomorrow for my first round of the season and up at the range tonight. Went up on Tuesday and was striking the ball well, my problem is I need a rescue club but since I've been out of the game for a while I've not been following new gear. Anyone got any recommendations about drivers/woods/rescues. Preferably all of the same type.

Aye man, I'm always game for a game of golf, would be good to get a few games with local guys. Game for more Doulikefish? I'm sure there are others Fifers that can play with us 3!

Has anyone ever done any sort of group lessons in Cumbernauld or surrounding areas Glasgow/Falkirk/Stirling etc? One to one tuition is just a touch expensive! Alternatively, able to recommend any online teaching materials, YouTube seems to be a bit of a minefield.

I did the free beginners group lessons at World of Golf a couple of years back and would recommend it for the basics. Over 6 weeks you cover all the basics although you don't get much more than 5 minutes one to one with the guy each week as he obviously has to look after 8 folk or so.

There's a few golf pros on Youtube I subscribe to. Peter Finch is my favourite (both teaching stuff and his general golf vlogs). In terms of instructional stuff Chris Ryan Golf is pretty good. His "3 Keys" videos are easy to understand and make sense. Buzza Golf is another who I think explains stuff pretty well.

Edited by mynameisearl

Excellent, when are you home? Always like a round up Balbirnie and a catch up with your good self.

Aye man, I'm always game for a game of golf, would be good to get a few games with local guys. Game for more Doulikefish? I'm sure there are others Fifers that can play with us 3!

Hame for the next month apart from the odd days to Norway/Aberdeen just give me a shout

I did the free beginners group lessons at World of Golf a couple of years back and would recommend it for the basics. Over 6 weeks you cover all the basics although you don't get much more than 5 minutes one to one with the guy each week as he obviously has to look after 8 folk or so.

There's a few golf pros on Youtube I subscribe to. Peter Finch is my favourite (both teaching stuff and his general golf vlogs). In terms of instructional stuff Chris Ryan Golf is pretty good. His "3 Keys" videos are easy to understand and make sense. Buzza Golf is another who I think explains stuff pretty well.

Great, thanks very much for that. I'll take a look at their videos.

I've had their group lessons recommended from a few others too, it's a bit of a treck, but sure I could suffer it for six weeks!

Another great display by Russell Knox on the PGA Tour. Joint 2nd with Luke Donald in the Heritage. Up to 3rd in the Fedex rankings having already won earlier in the season.

Comes across as a really good guy.

Great stuff.

Wasn't that last week when I had money on him.

Looking to play a round after work tomorrow, will be the first round I've played since i was a youngster, so might end in farce.

So, is anyone able to recommend a nice easy, preferably quiet golf course who will be tollerant of an incompetent golfer hacking his way round? I'll be working in Kinross tomorrow but heading back to Glasgow afterwards so anywhere nearby or en-route.

I've been to the driving range a couple of times recently and hitting all clubs well with the exception of the long irons, 3 and 4, I struggle to get any decent loft on the ball and probably only hitting half my shots nicely. A friend has recommended trying out a hybrid club, is that sound advice? I can hit my fairway woods off the ground no bother.

ETA - Open to either 9 or 18 holes.

Edited by gavin_3110

Picked myself up a ping G20 driver and rescue today to help my cofidemce off the tee as my old clubs were never the best, £80 for both in immaculate condition, looks to be a bargain, away for a round tomorrow to see how I get on, if I can get back shooting decent rounds I'll join up somewhere.

Picked myself up a ping G20 driver and rescue today to help my cofidemce off the tee as my old clubs were never the best, £80 for both in immaculate condition, looks to be a bargain, away for a round tomorrow to see how I get on, if I can get back shooting decent rounds I'll join up somewhere.

What time ish ?? Balbernie is out as theres the fife seniors mixed texas scramble the morra,but i was having a look on tee off times for somewhere as the weathers meant to be decent.Im looking at going out about 11 ish

I`m still using G10 driver and just recently acquired a G10 hybrid 21 degree loft.

Both great clubs.

The G10 driver absolutely transformed my driving. Probably better clubs/technology out there now but I`ve had no reason to change.

What time ish ?? Balbernie is out as theres the fife seniors mixed texas scramble the morra,but i was having a look on tee off times for somewhere as the weathers meant to be decent.Im looking at going out about 11 ish

I'm working until 4 then gonna head out somewhere, weather depending probably, I'm guessing that's too late by the time I'm home and changed?

I`m still using G10 driver and just recently acquired a G10 hybrid 21 degree loft.

Both great clubs.

The G10 driver absolutely transformed my driving. Probably better clubs/technology out there now but I`ve had no reason to change.[/quoted]

I had the G2 driver and wood and tbh it's the best I've ever hit a driver in my life, unfortunately I was young and naive and feel for the need new clubs/need to look cool mentality and bought a Nike which I've never hit as good as the ping, I've used my mates G20 and I fee like it should give me my confidence back off the tea and on par 5s with the hybrid.

Played my first round last night, plumped for the 9 hole course in Milnathort. Lovely night for it, went ok. I'm a complete novice so the score had I bothered to record it would have been well... high. Made par on a short par 3, green in one and then two putted.

Think I have "the bug", years of frustration to follow I'm sure.

Played my first round last night, plumped for the 9 hole course in Milnathort. Lovely night for it, went ok. I'm a complete novice so the score had I bothered to record it would have been well... high. Made par on a short par 3, green in one and then two putted.

Think I have "the bug", years of frustration to follow I'm sure.

Think it was Paul Azinger who said that golf is a simple game , it`s just not easy.

Enjoy. :thumsup2