Golfers Thread

Gaz

Few better sights in sport, than Tiger in full flow. Hopefully he gets that win under his belt and can compete at the top for the foreseeable.
What I've noticed from the bits and pieces I've seen is his on course demeanor looks much better now, as if he's just enjoying playing golf.
While acknowledging that his off course problems have affected his game over the last 10 years, it's hard not to wonder what might've been had he gotten his back sorted out properly years ago.
Whether he wins another major or not, let's hope he remains fit and competitive for a few years yet because his return is a big shot in the arm for golf.

After a horrendous round in the team event on Saturday, I went up for 9 on our 9 hole course to exorcise the demons before work yesterday.
Missed a 5 foot par putt on the last for an under par round, would have been my first for a couple of years. Disappointing!

I played with 4 mates in a team best-ball (scramble) type competition yesterday.
We finished with 8 birdies and 10 pars and were still 5 shots off the winners!

Still the weather was sunny, the beer cold, the BBQ's great and I won 3 balls a chipping contest.

Having been 4 wins and 0 losses to reach the quarter final of the Dell World Match Play Ian Poulter has just lost 8&6 to Kevin Kisner. Ouch 

Edit to add if he`d won today he would have made the top 50 in world rankings and got into the Masters. He`ll be 51st because he lost apparently. Ouch again.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Having been 4 wins and 0 losses to reach the quarter final of the Dell World Match Play Ian Poulter has just lost 8&6 to Kevin Kisner. Ouch 

Edit to add if he`d won today he would have made the top 50 in world rankings and got into the Masters. He`ll be 51st because he lost apparently. Ouch again.

Thing was, he was told by journos that he was 100% definitely in the Masters, and despite him not being convinced they assured him that he was in. Then he found out 20 minutes before he went out to play Kisner that they were wrong. And fell apart.

My dad has given me his golf clubs as he can’t play anymore due to arthritis. I haven’t played in 20years, will it be easy to pick up again? Going to go and hit some balls at the range in the next few weeks.

My dad has given me his golf clubs as he can’t play anymore due to arthritis. I haven’t played in 20years, will it be easy to pick up again? Going to go and hit some balls at the range in the next few weeks.

It’ll obviously differ by the person, but in short I’d say no, it won’t be easy IMO. I stopped playing for a couple of years in my youth and when I took it up again I found my short game on the fairway was still reasonable (7 iron upwards) but my driving off the tee and long irons were (and still are sometimes!) absolutely shocking. Easy fix if you put the practice in though and if the club you play at has a professional, it’s definitely worth getting a few lessons to suss out where you’re going wrong.

By Christ I miss playing.

Last five years has seen me stiffen up something chronic, thought it was a bad back as this is where most of the pain was. 

Eventually went to the docs and found out I have arthritis in both hips and require a double hip replacement, hopefully happening in the next few months.

Really hope once its done and recovered I can swing a club again, to a decent standard.

Anyone heading to the golf show in Glasgow this weekend? I'm heading through tomorrow, never been before so unsure how great it will be.
I went on Friday first timer too i thought it was quite good some of the bargains were outstanding and some fun things to do I'll be going next year, i got good advice on courses and equipment from outhers, I took deer park, dougalston, and rouken glen as my free rounds

I went on Friday first timer too i thought it was quite good some of the bargains were outstanding and some fun things to do I'll be going next year, i got good advice on courses and equipment from outhers, I took deer park, dougalston, and rouken glen as my free rounds

I went for Deer Park, Burntisland and Musselburgh (that one costs £10 on the day).

It was a decent day out, and plenty bargains to be had if you're looking. I held second place on the golf darts for all of 30 seconds, when my mate beat me by 1 point [emoji23]

I went for Deer Park, Burntisland and Musselburgh (that one costs £10 on the day).

It was a decent day out, and plenty bargains to be had if you're looking. I held second place on the golf darts for all of 30 seconds, when my mate beat me by 1 point [emoji23]

I had to take ones I could get a train to so I was I little more limited in options, aye was a good day, I hit a bullseye on my first shot dead center next 2 went straight over, a guy a few ahead of me got the 74 that was the highest of the day at that point I was with my friends dad whos been a few times and was just there to buy cheap stuff me I was like a kid in a candy shop with no money,