Golfers Thread

Gaz

I watched the closing stages of this on Sunday and Bryson De Chambeau had a complete meltdown over the last few holes, to the point where he basically blanked his playing partner Richard McEvoy, the event winner, at the end of the round. 
Bryson DeShambles. Completely fell apart after finding himself in the lead with a handful of holes left. He did shake McEvoy's hand but he did apologise for his "brevity" afterwards. Tbf I don't think McEvoy was the slightest bit bothered about it, and his caddy tweeted that they could fully understand DeChambeau being so upset after the finish be had.

Bryson DeShambles. Completely fell apart after finding himself in the lead with a handful of holes left. He did shake McEvoy's hand but he did apologise for his "brevity" afterwards. Tbf I don't think McEvoy was the slightest bit bothered about it, and his caddy tweeted that they could fully understand DeChambeau being so upset after the finish be had.
I like Dechambeau, I think he brings something different to the game, but the fact that everything is so scientific with him, IMO he will struggle to be a consistent top 10 player.

8 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I like Dechambeau, I think he brings something different to the game, but the fact that everything is so scientific with him, IMO he will struggle to be a consistent top 10 player.

I like him too but think his putting style is basically cheating and should be outlawed.

Played lethamhill (counsil course) today, love the lay out of that course and not played it in a while, greens were an absolute mess ball bobbled all over the place and wouldn't stay on line, anyway 88/18/70 four lost balls

Played lethamhill (counsil course) today, love the lay out of that course and not played it in a while, greens were an absolute mess ball bobbled all over the place and wouldn't stay on line, anyway 88/18/70 four lost balls
The 18th is one of the toughest holes you will play, very hard par 4.

Aye its a tough one IV never made par on that hole, 6 today, 3wood to the ridge, hit my hybrid beautifully over the edge of the trees to a 50y lay up, crap chip left me a 25ft putt took me 3 putts to get in, gutted, that hole is designed to demoralise you

I've seen Lethamhill on teeofftimes before for much cheapness and often thought about taking a stoat in one weekend.
Anyways, the Golfbuddy arrived today, so its charging now and can't wait to use it on Sunday. Still undecided where to go, as its always just me I'm quite receptive to going a jaunt yo new courses. Any suggestions within a wee drive from Airdrie in either direction.

Played yesterday at Thornton in Fife. First round since last September and went round in 93 against a par of 70.
Some steady golf spoiled by a run of three holes in the middle of the back nine. Decent course though and £15 for a round is good value.

Always thought Lethamhill would be a cracking course if it wasn't council and properly maintained. Starting with a long par 3, then  a run on the front nine that goes 5-3-5-3-5-3, and that absolute fucker of a finishing hole round the sharp bend.  No mundane runs of mid-length par 4s there. Haven't played it in about 15 years but every time  did it was boggy, even at the height of summer.

I've seen Lethamhill on teeofftimes before for much cheapness and often thought about taking a stoat in one weekend.
Anyways, the Golfbuddy arrived today, so its charging now and can't wait to use it on Sunday. Still undecided where to go, as its always just me I'm quite receptive to going a jaunt yo new courses. Any suggestions within a wee drive from Airdrie in either direction.

There is some decent cheap courses out there try drumpellier that's a nice course think you can get on for £17 on teeoftimes bellshill is ok too, I'll get you down my course sandyhills from a game I can sign you on for £10

Always thought Lethamhill would be a cracking course if it wasn't council and properly maintained. Starting with a long par 3, then  a run on the front nine that goes 5-3-5-3-5-3, and that absolute fucker of a finishing hole round the sharp bend.  No mundane runs of mid-length par 4s there. Haven't played it in about 15 years but every time  did it was boggy, even at the height of summer.

Me and my friends always say the exact same thing every time we play it, the 10th 13th the and 18th are some great technical holes and the small 90y par 3 8th can really catch you out, it wasn't boggy for a first but greens were in bad shape

There is some decent cheap courses out there try drumpellier that's a nice course think you can get on for £17 on teeoftimes bellshill is ok too, I'll get you down my course sandyhills from a game I can sign you on for £10
Aye definitely be Into that, not too far away either [emoji106].
Drumpellier is lovely, played that about 16 year ago in some junior open thing, I literally work about a 90 second drive from drumpellier GC and about 4 minutes from Lochview so I can nick to the driving range during lunch some days.
Value wise Airdrie has been excellent, course is in really good shape and for £12 on the app its a steal.

Aye definitely be Into that, not too far away either [emoji106].
Drumpellier is lovely, played that about 16 year ago in some junior open thing, I literally work about a 90 second drive from drumpellier GC and about 4 minutes from Lochview so I can nick to the driving range during lunch some days.
Value wise Airdrie has been excellent, course is in really good shape and for £12 on the app its a steal.

Yeah just down the road really, it's a good course not the easiest tho,we have a free day sat then we're quite busy with the pro am Ryder cup and some other comps right through to September
I like drumpellier it's a well maintained course and quite flat, only played lochview twice and was boggy and some holes were unplayable iv used the range loads of times, there is a place called golf asylum up your way it's an indoor range and practice facility good to work on your short game

Yeah just down the road really, it's a good course not the easiest tho,we have a free day sat then we're quite busy with the pro am Ryder cup and some other comps right through to September

I like drumpellier it's a well maintained course and quite flat, only played lochview twice and was boggy and some holes were unplayable iv used the range loads of times, there is a place called golf asylum up your way it's an indoor range and practice facility good to work on your short game

Yep, Golf Asylum is at the other end of Woodside St, I've always been meaning to go in but haven't actually done it yet.

Just back from the Lochview range there just now (lunch break) trying out a new purchase [emoji16].

I've tried a few drivers out (10.5 - 9 degree) without much luck, and I stumbled across something on eBay.....for it for the princely sum of £9.50 (+delivery) and regripped it when it arrived, took it to the range there. Its a K1 Speed driver and I remember when they came out about 10 years ago. Managed to get a 12 degree one and it certainly looks like one to persevere with, certainly hitting it a lot straighter than the other drivers ive tried.

Yep, Golf Asylum is at the other end of Woodside St, I've always been meaning to go in but haven't actually done it yet.Just back from the Lochview range there just now (lunch break) trying out a new purchase [emoji16].
I've tried a few drivers out (10.5 - 9 degree) without much luck, and I stumbled across something on eBay.....for it for the princely sum of £9.50 (+delivery) and regripped it when it arrived, took it to the range there. Its a K1 Speed driver and I remember when they came out about 10 years ago. Managed to get a 12 degree one and it certainly looks like one to persevere with, certainly hitting it a lot straighter than the other drivers ive tried.

It's a good place for practice in dry conditions, I loved the short game area something I hadn't seen before, has a big links bunker to practice on too

I might be trying out the course at Dalmuir in the near future. Has anyone on here played it before?
Haven't played it for years, but it's a good course. The 18th there is another tough hole, dogleg right to left with everything sloping the other way. There is also a short downhill par 3 that takes a bit of figuring out what club to hit.

If anyone's at a loose end and not going to any football on Saturday, teeofftimes have got a hot deal for palacerigg golf course 2:56pm for £8.
Not played Palacerigg for years but it's a decent municipal course and great value for £8.
It might he £7.50 too much though to put up with ma shi*the patter right enough.