Golfers Thread

Gaz

Think in the US its on TNT for the first 2 days and then CBS. 
Edit :I've got eleven sports trial thingy as well but don't think live coverage begins til 7pm our time. 
Got TNT but no golf some vampire thing is on, I absolutely hate american TV the ads are a joke, why is this not on sky anyone know

3 minutes ago, cas79 said:
39 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:
Think in the US its on TNT for the first 2 days and then CBS. 
Edit :I've got eleven sports trial thingy as well but don't think live coverage begins til 7pm our time. 

Got TNT but no golf some vampire thing is on, I absolutely hate american TV the ads are a joke, why is this not on sky anyone know

TNT coverage starts 2pm Eastern time / 7pm UK time. 

Also pga championship website has selected groups but I'm not sure if geo blocked. 

Iv got it on NBC golf channel but its just advertising iv not saw one bit of golf yet all their doing is talking about it and showing highlights
This.
Watching it on the golf channel and its an absolute farce. Despite many top players being on the course already, we're being treated to Speith, DJ and Charlie Hoffman (wearing headphones) on the putting green, followed by highlights of Woods hitting irons, then 4 minutes of ads advertising all sorts of golf related stuff.
Absolute cactus.

This.
Watching it on the golf channel and its an absolute farce. Despite many top players being on the course already, we're being treated to Speith, DJ and Charlie Hoffman (wearing headphones) on the putting green, followed by highlights of Woods hitting irons, then 4 minutes of ads advertising all sorts of golf related stuff.
Absolute cactus.
TNT isn't much better there coverage is a joke too. I'm giving up and not watching it, one of the best groups to go out Rory, speith, tiger so what do the golf channel do tell you about how they are doing rather than follow them

Good news!

My streaky run of 3 good rounds, 1 bad round has ended!

Bad news - it ended by following a bad one with one that almost made me want to chuck the game entirely, until I birdied the last. There's always one bit that makes you go back.

Fucking golf.

This has been... OK? So far. Casting from my laptop to my TV and no issues with picture quality or lagging- albeit I don't know how far behind "live" we are. Not many adverts (think I've seen one Ladbrokes ad in the half hour I've been watching) compared to Sky, and seeing plenty of shots.

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

This has been... OK? So far. Casting from my laptop to my TV and no issues with picture quality or lagging- albeit I don't know how far behind "live" we are. Not many adverts (think I've seen one Ladbrokes ad in the half hour I've been watching) compared to Sky, and seeing plenty of shots.

TBF it`s been OK this evening after the shambles earlier. Picture quality very decent.

Just started watching this on my tablet and the sound is tinny and the picture quality isn't great.

Hopefully it improves, it could be my tablet or internet connection but it's never this bad when I watch Sky via my tablet.

Not a fan of the TNT commentary either.

I read that Sky were likely to go back in for the USPGA next season when it moves to it's new slot. I hope this is the case because nobody else seems prepared to make a decent go of it. A couple of roving reporters on-site and a guy doing voiceover coverage from the studio isn't really good enough in my mind.

Afaik it was nothing to do with money, the USPGA have made noises for a while about trying to reach more viewers. Going by the fact only 5.3k are watching it on Facebook at the moment, I don't think they can call it a success.

20 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Afaik it was nothing to do with money, the USPGA have made noises for a while about trying to reach more viewers. Going by the fact only 5.3k are watching it on Facebook at the moment, I don't think they can call it a success.

Yeah it's the same reason they sold the rights to the BBC for a fraction of Sky's offer last year.

Anyone got a wee flutter on the golf? In the majors I usually go for 3 picks that are over 40/1 and as posted in the win counter I've been quite lucky with the last 2 majors (Eddie Pepperell and Tony Finau placing).
Not a bad start this time with Patrick Cantlay, Webb Simpson and Kyle Stanley all at -2. Fingers crossed

Great fightback by Knox to finish at 1 over.  He`s a real battler, I like his style. :thumsup2
Just to add the coverage has been good tonight.
It was fine when I put it on about 9.45. Cast it from my phone to the TV no problem, picture not perfect by any means but definitely watchable.