Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
9 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:
Matt Every suspended by the tour for 3 months for failing a drugs test relating to marijuana.

Obviously not high profile enough to be granted the Dustin Johnson "taking a break" press release.

Quite possibly but maybe the PGA Tour have realised just how ridiculous the DJ stuff was.

Hopefully the latter but I suspect you might be right.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
34 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:
Matt Every suspended by the tour for 3 months for failing a drugs test relating to marijuana.

Every has said he gets it on prescription in Florida to help with some mental health problems.

Surely there would be up front discussion and presentation of medical evidence to the Tour if that was the case as opposed to just hoping it wouldn't come to light.

Surely there would be up front discussion and presentation of medical evidence to the Tour if that was the case as opposed to just hoping it wouldn't come to light.

Wouldn't matter if he did, prescribed or not it still breaches WADA's rules which he has acknowledged and has accepted his punishment.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
15 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Wouldn't matter if he did, prescribed or not it still breaches WADA's rules which he has acknowledged and has accepted his punishment.

Fair enough I wasn't aware of that. Hopefully he finds a way through this.

Calum Hill had another decent finish at the Hainan Open to keep his spot at the top of the Challenge Tour rankings. Connor Syme missed the cut but is still 11th. Ewen Ferguson is currently 16000 points off of the vital 15th spot, but he has been playing well lately and a couple of good finishes in the last 2 events could see him jump up the rankings.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Calum Hill had another decent finish at the Hainan Open to keep his spot at the top of the Challenge Tour rankings. Connor Syme missed the cut but is still 11th. Ewen Ferguson is currently 16000 points off of the vital 15th spot, but he has been playing well lately and a couple of good finishes in the last 2 events could see him jump up the rankings.

Richie Ramsay finished tied 5th in the French Open as well to continue his good form over the last couple of months. 

Richie Ramsay finished tied 5th in the French Open as well to continue his good form over the last couple of months. 
He looked to be struggling to keep his card a few months ago, but he has had a good second half of the season. Good to see Colsaerts and Kaymer playing well. Cut off point for keeping your card is currently 117 due to affiliate members etc.

We entered a team into a 4 ‘man’ Ambrose contest being played tomorrow. Unfortunately somebody has had to pull out and the only replacement we could get is my wife. She has only been playing for 18 months and has a handicap of 35 but gets nervous when the pressures on.
I’m dreading it. Wish us good luck.

We entered a team into a 4 ‘man’ Ambrose contest being played tomorrow. Unfortunately somebody has had to pull out and the only replacement we could get is my wife. She has only been playing for 18 months and has a handicap of 35 but gets nervous when the pressures on.
I’m dreading it. Wish us good luck.

How’d it go?

3 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

How’d it go?

We had a great time hitting 33 out and 32 in  to total 65 less 7 = 58.    6 birdies and 12 pars.
The organizers  put on free sausage sizzles,  pizzas, complimentary soft drinks etc and the weather was kind to us. 
Unfortunately there seemed to be a heap of burglars playing and as a team we finished 10th.  
On the up side, my wife won the ladies longest drive and I got nearest to the pin on a par 3, so we both won a bottle of wine and 3 balls.  

Not many Scots troubling the top end of the leaderboard at the Portugal Masters, although there is the rare sight of Marc Warren making a cut, which hasn't happened too often in what has been a dismal year.

Matteo Mannasero was tipped to be the next big thing not that long ago, he had 4 European Tour wins by the age of 20. Since then though he has struggled badly, but he is still only 26, his card from yesterday doesn't make pleasant reading though, and with no form to speak of a trip to Q school will be a daunting prospect.IMG_20191025_141251.jpeg

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Not many Scots troubling the top end of the leaderboard at the Portugal Masters, although there is the rare sight of Marc Warren making a cut, which hasn't happened too often in what has been a dismal year.

Matteo Mannasero was tipped to be the next big thing not that long ago, he had 4 European Tour wins by the age of 20. Since then though he has struggled badly, but he is still only 26, his card from yesterday doesn't make pleasant reading though, and with no form to speak of a trip to Q school will be a daunting prospect.IMG_20191025_141251.jpeg

Jeezo, I remember him bursting onto the scene. Didn't he win at Wentworth a few years ago?

He's got time at least, there's so many of the top pros who have been through the wilderness a bit at some point in their career.

Jeezo, I remember him bursting onto the scene. Didn't he win at Wentworth a few years ago?
He's got time at least, there's so many of the top pros who have been through the wilderness a bit at some point in their career.
Yep, he won the PGA at Wentworth, funnily enough beating Marc Warren in a play-off. He also won the silver medal as leading amateur at the Open in 2009, finishing 13th in the tourney. 6 or 7 years ago if you were asked to pick an Italian who would win a major you would have picked him ahead of Molinari. Hopefully he can claw his way back, he looked like a terrific player back then.