Golfers Thread

Gaz

59 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Young shot 3 under today and currently sits T25. I suspect the bogey he had on 17 is going to cost him.

Howie is currently 5 under for his round through 14 holes. Sitting T32. Another couple of birdies needed I would think

Howie finished now as well. He is -10 and the mark is currently -12 so he has no chance. Young looks like being one short unless there are some dramatic collapses from the guys left on the course.

Howie finished now as well. He is -10 and the mark is currently -12 so he has no chance. Young looks like being one short unless there are some dramatic collapses from the guys left on the course.

28 players got their card in the end with -12 the score you needed in the end. I'm sure Howie, Young and many others will be dissecting every dropped shot or missed putt over the 6 rounds.

Euan Walker will be on the Challenge Tour, he only turned pro in September after the Walker Cup so could be one to watch next year.

28 players got their card in the end with -12 the score you needed in the end. I'm sure Howie, Young and many others will be dissecting every dropped shot or missed putt over the 6 rounds. 
Euan Walker will be on the Challenge Tour, he only turned pro in September after the Walker Cup so could be one to watch next year.

Walker will hopefully kick on in a similar fashion to Calum Hill. I think in the long run a full year on the Challenge Tour is probably better preparation for the main tour than getting straight on via Q school.
I will be looking for him, Ewen Ferguson and Liam Johnston to all be challenging for top 15 slots next season.

MacIntyre and Kitayama out together today in their battle for Rookie of the Year. Both hit -1, and are paired together again tomorrow.

Must confess to knowing next to feck all about the leader, Frenchman Mike Lorenzo-Vera, who hit -9 and leads by 1 from McIlroy, with Rahm on -6 and Fleetwood on -5.

Rory is struggling so far today but his 3 wood at 18 yesterday was bloody sensational.  

That ball strike sounded phenomenally good. Amazes me that at times he seems to be able to hit his 3 wood closer that he can his wedges. Heard a stat the other week that from 100 yards or less he is consistently 6 feet further from the hole than his rivals. 

McIntyre lost 3 shots to Katayama over the last 2 holes and only finishes 1 ahead of him. 

Disappointing finish for Bob, especially with a double bogey at a par 3. 

Agree with much of that. Plenty of players who have suddenly slumped and some who have come back. The guy Todd who has won the last 2 PGA events was relatively recently  in an absolute mess with by all accounts no real idea where the ball would go. He didn't so much have a "miss" but had all the misses.
Now he leads the FedEx rankings has a 2 year exemption on the PGA Tour and is in the Masters and the PGA in 2020. As someone once said I love golf and just occasionally golf loves me. A fickle lover though as you suggest.
Todd has gone 66-66 in this weekend's PGA Tour event, but -10 only has him tied for 7th.

His last 11 rounds his average score is 65.64, and he is -60 to par.