Golfers Thread

Gaz

MacIntyre finished with a decent 67 for a share of 17th. A good effort for his first WGC event. 
McIlroy won the event from Schauffele in a play off. 
Great effort, and still a decent whack of ranking points compared to a "normal" tourney. Should move him up a few places on the OWGR.

Just seen a tweet that says MacIntyre will provisionally move from 88th to 83rd on the OWGR. I'm not sure what his plans are, but the next 3 weeks have lots of points on offer in Turkey, South Africa and the season closer in Dubai. He is on the entry list for Turkey, and will definitely be in Dubai.

This winter I have invested more time and money into coaching lessons.
I'm just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 😊

My handicap is sliding down (was up as high as 11.something at one point) and more importantly my confidence is returning.

I'm just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. [emoji4]
My handicap is sliding down (was up as high as 11.something at one point) and more importantly my confidence is returning.

I'm thinking of doing the same over the winter, I almost bought a new driver I'm glad I didn't and I'll just use the money for lessons theres a good deal in our clubhouse 2 1hour lessons and a 2 hour on course lesson £100 with a reputable coach, seems an ok deal

58 minutes ago, cas79 said:
9 hours ago, expatowner said:
I'm just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. emoji4.png

I'm thinking of doing the same over the winter, I almost bought a new driver I'm glad I didn't and I'll just use the money for lessons theres a good deal in our clubhouse 2 1hour lessons and a 2 hour on course lesson £100 with a reputable coach, seems an ok deal

Assuming that is indeed a good coach I'd say that's excellent value.

I've paid £50 for two half-hour lessons this season which was followed by my 2 best rounds of the season by far. It went a tad south afterwards but have continued to practice the tips the guy gave me since.

I'm thinking I might get a block of 5 lessons this winter which the local driving range offers. One each month of November, December, January, February and March to hopefully get me in good shape for next season.

Assuming that is indeed a good coach I'd say that's excellent value.
I've paid £50 for two half-hour lessons this season which was followed by my 2 best rounds of the season by far. It went a tad south afterwards but have continued to practice the tips the guy gave me since.
I'm thinking I might get a block of 5 lessons this winter which the local driving range offers. One each month of November, December, January, February and March to hopefully get me in good shape for next season.

Aye he's decent supposedly, I know some people who have been with him and he comes recommend, I'll give it a go see what I think, it's the on course lesson I think will be invaluable

Bob MacIntyre does what Bob MacIntyre does and shoots a 63 to put himself on to the leaderboard at the halfway stage of the Turkish open. Scott Jamieson is well up the field as well.

In the Challenge Tour finale, Callum Hill is probably walking round the course with a cigar out Jiminez style, but it's nerve shredding stuff for Connor Syme and Ewen Ferguson. Syme is t16th at the halfway stage but has slipped to a projected 13th on the order of merit, while Ferguson is t7th and is up to a projected 16th place in the rankings.

Fingers crossed for both of them over the weekend.

Decent enough day for Syme who is projected 14th after round 3. I think he’ll make top 15. Poor round for Ferguson who double bogeyed two of the par 5s. He’s now projected 26th. Hard to see him making top 15 now.
MacIntyre tied 2nd in Turkey after round 3
Scott Jamieson and Richie Ramsay have also done well so far and have given themselves a chance of getting into the top 60 for the last 2 tourneys.

Good start by MacIntyre with 2 birdies in the first 3 holes. Disappointingly though he made the same mistake as yesterday and put it in the water at the par 5 4th hole. He escaped with a par yesterday but bogeyed today. A 5 and a 6 at that hole is losing you 2 or 3 shots against the rest of the field, and it's a course that you have to be scoring well on all the par 5s.

Scott Jamieson level par through 6 holes but sadly Richie Ramsay is +3 through 7 which sees him drop away down the leaderboard and out of the top 60.

6 way tie on -20 after 72 holes, Schwab could only par the last when a birdie at the par 5 would have won it.

MacIntyre was 2 behind after a 69, and with Kitayama being one of the joint leaders the American now looks in pole position to be rookie of the year, he is now up to 9th in the rankings with 2 wins already, while MacIntyre drops to 13th.

Scott Jamieson was T10th, but it wasn't enough to keep his season alive as he ended up 65th in the standings. Richie Ramsay recovered a bit to finish on +1 for the day, and that was enough to end up in 58th spot and heading for South Africa next week.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

One that got away for MacIntyre, looking at the scores he dropped 8 shots over the 4 rounds, which was at least a couple more than everybody that finished above him on the leaderboard.

He's incredibly consistent in terms of top 10, top 20 finishes but he just needs to force himself over the line. Either way he's has a great season and he will no doubt edge further up the world rankings.

I notice Connor Syme did manage to hold on to his top 15 slot as well so that's another 2 to add to the list for next season.