Golfers Thread

Gaz

Got my new irons today and they are beautiful.
Let me tell you, nothing makes the afternoon at work go slower than getting a phone call at 11am to tell you you're new irons have been delivered and are ready to collect.

What kind? Aye, I had a new set of irons delivered last year and sun was splitting sky. Was the longest afternoon at work ever

Thinking I need to get rid of my 5 wood and 3 iron. Struggle to hit either. Could do with picking up a couple hybrids I reckon. Currently rocking just driver, 5 wood, irons, wedges etc. But definitely need a restructure of bag. Never trust myself with my 3 iron or 5 wood.

11 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

What kind? Aye, I had a new set of irons delivered last year and sun was splitting sky. Was the longest afternoon at work ever

They're Titleist T100s and they are magnificent! They're very different from my previous irons so will take a bit of getting used to but I think they will be better for me. I'd totally outgrown my previous irons both physically (I'm taller now) and ball striking.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Not a podcast I usually listen to, but the No Laying Up podcast this week with former CBS on course reporter Peter Kostis is a cracker.

I've never listened to their podcast but their multiple "Tourist Sauce" series on Youtube I've found a very easy and pleasant watch during my lunch at work.

The thing I like most about Robert MacIntyre is that he really seems to have his head screwed on. Another good interview from him here.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/georgia-not-on-robert-macintyres-mind

Disappointing first round of 5 over in WGC event in Mexico for MacIntyre who is T62 in a field of 72.
Good first round of 5 under in Puerto Rico Open for Martin Laird.

Disappointing first round of 5 over in WGC event in Mexico for MacIntyre who is T62 in a field of 72.
Good first round of 5 under in Puerto Rico Open for Martin Laird.
Bounced back with a 3 under par 68 today to lift him to tied 41st.. DeChambeau, Matsuyama and Van Rooyen have burned it up today.

Saw an interview with the boy who is proposing the Premier League of Golf with Rick Shiels and what an utter helmet the man is. Golf is utterly fucked if it goes down a road with him. Hopefully boys like Rory McIlroy stick to their word and don’t give him the time of day.

Rahm's hole-in-one yesterday was a joy to behold, what a round.

Good to see Bob making some inroads into the leaderboard after a poor first round.

My money would be Thomas but wouldn't really mind anyone up at the top of the leaderboard winning except DeChambeau. Aside from his unpopularity because of slow play, I cannot seem to watch him without feeling discomfort for some reason. I find his putting technique particularly painful to watch.

Be a stupid man to predict a winner from that crowded leaderboard. So i will, Reed. Although I think Rahm and his momentum gives him a great chance

Rahm played the 4 par 3s yesterday in a grand total of 7 shots.

Got to hand it to Reed, in a week where he was called out for his cheating again, he just gives zero fucks about it.

A lovely eagle chip in for bob [emoji4] at the business end of table it’s heating up. Rahm, Reed, JT, Van Rooyen all level on 15 under. Mcilroy 1 back and dechambeau 2 back. Going to be a great end
Unfortunately Bob cancelled out the eagle with a double on 17.

Been a hackathon the last wee while as all the leaders have been taking scenic routes.