Golfers Thread

Gaz

Good to see Knox doing well, finding some decent form again after some injury problems.

Speith having another good week, hopefully signs of a turnaround for him too.

Max Homa hit a 2 at all four par threes, a rare feat.

Yes that is a rare event. Rahm had a round in the last year or so when he played 4 par threes in 7 shots.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/watch-remarkable-hole-in-one-for-jon-rahm-in-mexico

Unsettling for Knox on the first there having to ask for a ruling as his ball moved. Probably a little lucky not to get a penalty shot but did the right thing by asking for a ruling. Hope he does well. He is burdened by being in my fantasy team though.
Edit to add Berger is a fine player but fecking hell he’s slow.

Edit to add Knox will be getting a one shot penalty from the first. I think that’s the correct decision but it’s bound to unsettle him.

Unsettling for Knox on the first there having to ask for a ruling as his ball moved. Probably a little lucky not to get a penalty shot but did the right thing by asking for a ruling. Hope he does well. He is burdened by being in my fantasy team though.

Edit to add Knox will be getting a one shot penalty from the first. I think that’s the correct decision but it’s bound to unsettle him.
It must have been in his head, that was a fairly mental horseshoe out from a couple of feet.

The rules of golf are pitiful at times.

Knox looks done as well

Tough day for Knox. While I think the penalty shot on the first was ultimately correct the way it was done must have been very tough to deal with. Unacceptable to take the best part of an hour to reverse the original ruling and then inform the player. Really poor.

Edit to add great to see him competing at the sharp end again. He’s been great from tee to green this week.