Golfers Thread

Gaz

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I wasn't 100% sure, he said it in a way that sounded like he was trying to compliment him :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/15/bryson-dechambeau-called-stupid-in-war-of-words-with-driver-manufacturer

"DeChambeau headed straight from post-round media duties to the driving range as he sought to resolve his issues. As he did so, Cobra fired back. The manufacturer’s tour operations manager, Ben Schomin, is heavily involved in the design of DeChambeau’s equipment and told USA Today: “Everybody is bending over backwards. We’ve got multiple guys in R&D who are CAD-ing this and CAD-ing that, trying to get this and that into the pipeline faster. Bryson knows it. It’s just really, really painful when he says something that stupid.”

DeChambeau’s driver is 46 inches long and has just five degrees of loft. “He has never really been happy,” Schomin said. “Like, it’s very rare where he’s happy.

“Now he’s in a place where he’s swinging a five‑degree driver with 200rpm of ball speed. Everybody is looking for a magic bullet. Well, the magic bullet becomes harder and harder to find the faster you swing and the lower your loft gets.

“It’s like an eight-year-old that gets mad at you. They might fly off the handle and say: ‘I hate you.’ But then you go: ‘Whoa, no you don’t.’ We know as adults that they really don’t mean that and I know that if I got him cornered right now and said, ‘What the hell did you say that for?’ he would say that he was mad. He didn’t really mean to say it that harshly. He knows how much everyone bends over backwards for him. But it’s still not cool.”

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Bob with maybe 15ft for birdie on 18. C'mon.............🙏

ETA - Yaassssssss !!!!   Finishes +1, right on cut.

Great birdie. Hopefully that's enough to keep his run of making the cuts at majors going. If it does get through every chance he'll be playing with Fowler again. 

This is a petty thing but I'm raging that every time Cameron smith putts he has to be described as 'one of the best putters in the game'. Every commentator. Every time.

Even when he misjudged a 25 footer and left it over 10ft away. "That's a surprise for one of the best putters on tour."

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This is a petty thing but I'm raging that every time Cameron smith putts he has to be described as 'one of the best putters in the game'. Every commentator. Every time.

Even when he misjudged a 25 footer and left it over 10ft away. "That's a surprise for one of the best putters on tour."

Did he hole the return putt?