Golfers Thread

Gaz

12 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Interesting that Bob played with the best score today (so far ) Schwartzel -3 and the worst score (aye definitely) Shepherd +13

Schwartzel pretty much giving Shepherd a shot a hole there :lol:

McIlroy going backwards quickly now but if anyone can still win it from there, he can....

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Interesting that Bob played with the best score today (so far ) Schwartzel -3 and the worst score (aye definitely) Shepherd +13

8 shots worse off than Sandy Lyle, finishing 22 over par. I know he’s an amateur but it must be quite embarrassing being that far behind Lyle. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Laura Davies will be in the Headmaster's office later, quickly correcting herself (with extra info from Murray) after using the word "Championship" rather than "Tournament"

I find her pretty poor on the Mic. Don’t mind her when she’s in the studio but not in the commentary box

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

I find her pretty poor on the Mic. Don’t mind her when she’s in the studio but not in the commentary box

On the other hand Coltart has matured in to a pretty excellent commentator over the last couple of years. Manages to find the right mix of light hearted commentary with the more serious and factual stuff. Some of his one liners can be very funny as well. 

That is genuinely mental.

I've never really liked Bubba, but I must admit he is growing on me. The stuff he did last week with the wee girl at the Drive, Pitch and Putt competition was fantastic.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/drive-chip-and-putt-recap-bubba-watson-fan-autumn-solesbee-among-winners

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've never really liked Bubba, but I must admit he is growing on me. The stuff he did last week with the wee girl at the Drive, Pitch and Putt competition was fantastic.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/drive-chip-and-putt-recap-bubba-watson-fan-autumn-solesbee-among-winners

I watched a “PGAprofile” show on him and he seems a genuinely lovely guy. Does loads for charity in his local area. I’m pretty sure he funded a Childrens hospital 

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I’m almost certain I’ve told this story on here before, but Watson and his family rented a house from my mums friend the last time the Open was at Troon. When the Open finished and Watson and his family had headed home, my mums pal got back in to her house to be greeted with about 10 grand worth of gifts left behind. :lol: 

They had left a crate of red wine that was around £600 a bottle, an expensive necklace for my mums friend, and a fancy bottle of Glenfiddich for her husband. I know that’s probably pocket change for Watson but still a very nice thing to do. Always liked Watson, but liked him a bit more after I heard that story. 

The look on Tiger's face there, he fair enjoyed that!
Mental shot from Swafford there as well

What happens in that situation? Can he get a replacement? I know if you snap a putter you can't replace it, but is an accident different?