Golfers Thread

Gaz

24 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Adding to the wedges chat, I carry the PW from my iron set (which I assume is 48 degree) along with 52, 56 and 60 degree Cleveland wedges.

From 80 yards in every shot is with the 60, with a varied stance/ball position/clubface depending on what ball flight I'm looking for.

Pah. I’m just so good that I can manufacture every shot I need using my bog standard Lynx Predator SW. Easy. 😜

In regard to shots, there’s no doubt that the one that gives me the fear (in a competition), is when you miss a green and there’s a bunker between you and the green. A bunker pretty much right in front of you, and the pin not that far beyond the bunker. There’s nothing for it but to open the face of your wedge, play a full, slowish swing, and don’t quit on it. Try to play it like a bunker shot and get under the ball and send it beautifully but slowly right up in the air… and see it just float right up and over that bunker, landing softly somewhere nice on the green.

Gives me the shits, every time. Deep breaths and Do. Not. Quit. On. It.  😎

The one and only time that Lynx clubs were cool… when Fred Couples won the Masters in 1992 using them. Fast forward to 2022/23 and a 12 handicapper from Paisley, masquerading out of Kirkintilloch Golf Club is still using them…. But not winning the Masters with them. Or the midweek medal. 😎

8E40E302-68DA-48CC-AA10-AE3BD5E64B39.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

On 13/06/2023 at 15:49, lichtie23 said:

My course is really bad for idiots not repairing pitch marks or raking bunkers. Infuriates the life out of me. And this will obviously sound ageist but it’s all the old bots who are responsible as well. Using the excuse of not being able to bend down and repair the pitch marks. 

If they can bend down to put a ball on a tee, they can repair a pitch mark.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

If they can bend down to put a ball on a tee, they can repair a pitch mark.

Was out tonight and a bunker had footprints. They had walked past the rake then walked past it again after their shot! Fucking morons 

7 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

LACC looks magnificent. Can’t wait for this to get going.

No idea who I fancy for this so i’ve gone e/w on Hovland and Ryan Fox (purely because he’s guid lad).

Looks getable just now but with a disaster just around the corner 

Won my Kirky seniors matchplay tie tonight by 4&3. Played great and started with five straight 4’s. Got to 5 up at one point, but was giving strokes at a couple of back nine holes, which we halved, but I lost to the stroke I was giving (ooh err missus, titter ye’ not, Kenneth Williams gif….)

Into the quarter finals now. Me and my trusty Lynx Predator irons. 😎

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Made birdie from here.

FB_IMG_1686861951791.jpg

Welcome to the Rolex hour live from the Glasgow Open at Knightswood Municipal…. Radar, what have you got for us?… Yes, I’m here right behind the 4th green of the magnificent Knightswood Golf & Country club. The player is facing a tricky twelve-footer here, but a wonderful shot in to this small green, well protected by a bridge on the left and trees to the right and behind… looks like he’ll need to allow two feet of break on this one, with the cup well guarded by a large tuft of thick grass and a discarded Irn Bru can.