Golfers Thread

Gaz

23 minutes ago, Herc said:

There's another par 3 there that can play only 80 if they want.

Anything less than 300 should be a par 3 for these guys now anyway.

A par 3, at which I'm probably considering clubbing down on the tee to at least ensure I hit the "fairway" and settle for hitting a full wedge approach 🤣

Played my third round of the week today.

In 54 holes, I have hit a grand total of 12 fairways, and 15 GIR. The short game is hanging on by a thread as well, yet I have also played some of the best shots I've ever played in my life, and rattled in 3 birdie putts from 20 feet or more.

I've said it before, but golf is a stupid fucking game.

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hatton putting on one of his late charges up the leaderboard. 

Good European representation at the top of the board with Hatton, Fleetwood and Rose so that bodes well. The top eight of the Europe RC team actually looks pretty good - Rahm, Rory, Hovland, Fitzpatrick, Rose, Fleetwood, Hatton and Lowry (although his form hasn’t been the best).

It’s the other four that the US will have a real edge, there aren’t any LIV players that will really change that from the Euro perspective. It will actually make them stronger with DJ, Koepka and possibly Reed.

30 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Good European representation at the top of the board with Hatton, Fleetwood and Rose so that bodes well. The top eight of the Europe RC team actually looks pretty good - Rahm, Rory, Hovland, Fitzpatrick, Rose, Fleetwood, Hatton and Lowry (although his form hasn’t been the best).

It’s the other four that the US will have a real edge, there aren’t any LIV players that will really change that from the Euro perspective. It will actually make them stronger with DJ, Koepka and possibly Reed.

Saw a tweet the other day that those 8 will be in the team no matter what happens in regards to points.

ETA - Yannik Paul moved up to 3rd spot on the Euro list today.

Edited by peasy23

Tommy Fleetwood on 17, spinning back a gorgeous wedge to roll in the three foot birdie putt… ‘That’s a different Tommy Fleetwood from one we’ve ever seen before - that’s Butch Harmon’s influence’.

Tommy Fleetwood on 18, taking an iron off the tee for safety, missing the fairway and sticking it in the rough, followed by an attempted lay-up ending up in the bundai…. ‘That’s a different Tommy Fleetwood from one we’ve ever seen before - that’s like the hacker kunts on P&B’.

😎