Golfers Thread

Gaz

Hatton flying this morning, 4 under thru his first 7 holes. Looked at his resume earlier, 7 wins on the major tours. His 1 PGA Tour win was at the Arnold Palmer, but 4 of his other 6 wins were at Rolex Series events like this one. With the strength of fields at those events that's a pretty impressive stat.

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Hatton flying this morning, 4 under thru his first 7 holes. Looked at his resume earlier, 7 wins on the major tours. His 1 PGA Tour win was at the Arnold Palmer, but 4 of his other 6 wins were at Rolex Series events like this one. With the strength of fields at those events that's a pretty impressive stat.

Won a couple of Dunhills as well I believe so seems to be pretty comfortable on Links courses. Never seen McIroy play welll in these sort of conditions. If I remember correctly when he won the Open the course was playing soft and not very Links like.

5 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

Won a couple of Dunhills as well I believe so seems to be pretty comfortable on Links courses. Never seen McIroy play welll in these sort of conditions. If I remember correctly when he won the Open the course was playing soft and not very Links like.

It was a point they made this morning before he started, that Rory rarely plays well when the wind gets up.

Correct about Hatton, I've just stuck money on him for next week at 25/1 as his price will likely drop after today, especially with a win.

Good insight from Beem earlier about players finding it hard to get their head around the yardages and clubs that they will hit on days like this.

For an example, An has just hit a 6 iron when he had 134 yards to the pin.

18 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Rory been in America too long and cannie play in the wind anymore?

Despite where he comes from, Rory's never been great in tough, windy/bad conditions - unlike, say, Lowry and Harrington.  He did manage a 427 yard drive today though.

PS Come on Bob!

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's walking around like he's just had back to back double bogeys. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yip, he's very much a "anyone but him" type player

3 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Crabbit b*****d Hatton. Dislikable c**t

I like that Laura Davies consistently calls out his behaviour.