Golfers Thread

Gaz

34 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Homa, Fowler, Horschel, Koepka, Finau, Theegala, DJ (of those at the Open just now)

ETA - Scheffler as well

Finau and Theegala good shouts. I can't warm to Scheffler at all, partly the slipping feet but more the "my faith in the Lord is my greatest strength on the golf course because everything is His will" shtick. God bothering speeches by Yank Open winners are pure cringe. See also Lehman, Z Johnson etc. 

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Cut increasingly looking like 3 over. Of the Scots Michael Stewart definitely in at one under, Ramsay is round complete at 3 over so should be fine. Bob needs no worse than par in from 12th. The other Scots are toast sadly. 

Honorary Scotsman Vic Perez on +3 as well

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That's actually a pretty good triple bogey 6 for Fitzpatrick.

I like Fitzpatrick so nothing against him but I think it's a great hole. 

It's a great hole.

Stick it safely on the green like Spieth and Day, and you'll be fine. Hit a shite shot like Fitzpatrick, and you will rightly be punished

Just now, dave_binos said:

That “light the candle” shout is doing my tits in.

We were in one of the stands at the Old Course for last year's Open. Some idiot gave the "mashed potatoes" cry and was promptly told by a very large Scotsman that any repeat would see him ejected over the back of said stand. Seemed to have the desired effect and caused great amusement to the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

That “light the candle” shout is doing my tits in.

Has to be guys who have had a skinful at the beer tent, and think it’s funny to shout the pish they hear the daft Yanks holler on TV. Probably the kind of guys who call a course ‘a track’ and wear ‘wacky’ clothes to the Ryder Cup. Probably holding a beer cup in one hand and a mobile phone in the other. Gagging to upload their ‘light a candle’ footage to the internet… bet their work colleagues hate them.

Rant over. 😎