Golfers Thread

Gaz

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hold on Bob won the first yesterday and 1 today and he made some important putts for halfs... foursomes is all about top and tailing ( feck off with the yank ham and egg pish ) so he has supported his partner ok..I'm not saying he has been great but he has done aswell as Hojgaard and hasn't lost a match 

Ps I also said yesterday he should have sat out today but the stats say Bob won 1 halved 1 lost 0 ( nil) 

The first yesterday was halved not won by Bob.

Both his matches have been Four-balls not Foursomes.

If it makes the Bob fan club happy Fitzpatrick was a weaker link today by far.

Out of interest if Fowler was to be ill and unable to play would anyone have a name other than Bob’s in the envelope?

1 minute ago, stanton said:

Surely It would take a fairly dramatic collapse from Europe to lose this from this situation 

Yes but that's happened more than once. They've just enough points that it could go tits up

1 minute ago, stanton said:

Surely It would take a fairly dramatic collapse from Europe to lose this from this situation 

4 wins from 12 singles should be manageable, but collapses have happened before Brookline and Medinah come to mind ( I think they were both 10 - 6 before the singles).