Golfers Thread

Gaz

Can't blame Rory for resigning from the PGA board - he attended all their meeings and then finds out that the real deals (with LIV) were being done bhind his back and that he was completely frozen out.  The PGA almost make the Saudis look like the good guys......

8 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Very good start from Bob today  - three under after seven.  Currently tied in second place and up to projected 5th in Race to Dubai.

Are you new here? First rule of the P&B golf thread is not to mention Scottish golfers when they are going well. No sooner have you posted this then he hits a shocker of a wedge.

22 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Are you new here? First rule of the P&B golf thread is not to mention Scottish golfers when they are going well. No sooner have you posted this then he hits a shocker of a wedge.

Off to a stinking start today, 2 over thru 3. It's all Caledonian1's fault if he doesn't secure his card.

McGinley doing his usual and giving Rory a 10-15% chance of winning, even though he is 6 shots behind already with the leaders still having lots of holes to play.

Edit: and he has just said that Rahm who is a shot closer to the leaders is just drifting along and needs to get a wiggle on. How the f**k is he allowed to talk such shite?

Edited by peasy23

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Matt Wallace 11 under for the day thru 17 having birdied every hole on the back 9 so far. Needs a 3 on the last for a 59 and his drive is in the middle of the fairway.

What a fantastic effort it was. Good to see Ewen Ferguson near the top of the leaderboard.

No rest for these guys with the 2024 DP World Tour schedule kicking off next week with events in Australia and South Africa. Good number of Scots in the field for Australian PGA next week and presumably the Australian Open the following week (MacIntyre, Hill, Syme, Forrest, and Howie).

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Played my first full 18 holes since early August yesterday following an enforced absence - delighted with the way I was hitting the ball (although I've lost a wee bit of distance, probably a full club's worth), and the putter was red-hot.

Usual caveats of front tees and off mats, but a gross 72 (+3) was way beyond my expectations. 

BTW, for keen winter golfers (and you had to be yesterday!), the greens at Tulliallan are in fantastic condition - parts of the course are understandably squelchy, but the greens were running superbly well, and pretty quick for mid-November.

20 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

Played my first full 18 holes since early August yesterday following an enforced absence - delighted with the way I was hitting the ball (although I've lost a wee bit of distance, probably a full club's worth), and the putter was red-hot.

Usual caveats of front tees and off mats, but a gross 72 (+3) was way beyond my expectations. 

BTW, for keen winter golfers (and you had to be yesterday!), the greens at Tulliallan are in fantastic condition - parts of the course are understandably squelchy, but the greens were running superbly well, and pretty quick for mid-November.

Good scoring there. I've been laid off most of the year with back issues and played my first 18 since June a couple of weeks ago (managed +9 which is more than acceptable by my standards).  Like you, I hit it well; bit shorter (put it down to cold temperatures!) and putted really well.

Always found it funny that golf often seems simple(r) in the first game back after a long break. Maybe something to do with swinging freely.