Golfers Thread

Gaz

Posted (edited)

Looks like Forrest WON the US Open qualifier at Walton Heath. Syme and Hill missed out though.

Calum Scott, the amateur from Nairn, is duking it out for a spot in Dallas but fell away.

https://www.usopen.com/2024/final-qualifying/dallas-texas.html

Also in the field: Sergio, F. Molinari, Na, Champ, Badeley, Valimaki, Ortiz, Streelman, Ancer, etc.

Edited by VictorOnopko

5 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Looks like Forrest WON the US Open qualifier at Walton Heath. Syme and Hill missed out though.

Calum Scott, the amateur from Nairn, is duking it out for a spot in Dallas but fell away.

https://www.usopen.com/2024/final-qualifying/dallas-texas.html

Also in the field: Sergio, F. Molinari, Na, Champ, Badeley, Valimaki, Ortiz, Streelman, Ancer, etc.

Robert Rock, the suavest man in golf, made it through as well

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don’t even think he plays competitively anymore. He’s more a coach now 

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Great head of hair and a Tad Moore Maxfli putter from about 1991, what's not to like? 

17 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

this is great. 2 p&b golf community favourites

Great watch, we all know a bit about Butch the coach and pundit, but he really lays Butch the person bare on this. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

thats really controversial....more of a Paul McGinley man then?

More a Nick Dougherty fan. Really like Mark Roe as well. And Zane Scotland but Iv not seen much of him recently 

16 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

More a Nick Dougherty fan. Really like Mark Roe as well. And Zane Scotland but Iv not seen much of him recently 

Genuinely amazed that Nick Dougherty has a fan.

21 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Controversial opinion here, but I’m not an Iona Stephen fan. 

Bit bizarre this. She's knowledgeable, plays the game to a good level, speaks well and isn't really controversial in any way. What don't you like?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Bit bizarre this. She's knowledgeable, plays the game to a good level, speaks well and isn't really controversial in any way. What don't you like?

Just don’t think she adds much to the coverage. Il say she is much better than Hennie Koyack though. Just my opinion of course. Didn’t expect many to agree. Out of all the ladies involved on the Sky coverage Inci Memhet is in my opinion the standout. Laura Davies is great in the studio doing analysis but I think is poor in the commentary booth. 

46 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Just don’t think she adds much to the coverage. Il say she is much better than Hennie Koyack though. Just my opinion of course. Didn’t expect many to agree. Out of all the ladies involved on the Sky coverage Inci Memhet is in my opinion the standout. Laura Davies is great in the studio doing analysis but I think is poor in the commentary booth. 

that's The Dame to you and I

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Lairdy out at 1311 Bob 1929 our time the day

Laird finishes -4 currently T1 ( early days obs) but par golf all the way then finishes with 4 birdies