Golfers Thread

Gaz

Holed out from 110 yards last night.. PW into a breeze landed 3/4ft past the pin and zipped back into the hole. Best shot of my life and haven't stopped thinking about it since :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Holed out from 110 yards last night.. PW into a breeze landed 3/4ft past the pin and zipped back into the hole. Best shot of my life and haven't stopped thinking about it since :lol: 

Bogey? 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Bogey? 

:lol: there's more to it.. for Par. We were in a foursomes tie and I hit our tee shot OB, partner hits the reload down the middle and I hole out for a par. Opponents were spewing that we got a half out of it!

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

:lol: there's more to it.. for Par. We were in a foursomes tie and I hit our tee shot OB, partner hits the reload down the middle and I hole out for a par. Opponents were spewing that we got a half out of it!

At least you had some witnesses. The only hole out I've ever had was a 7 iron for an eagle 2 years ago. The best thing was it was a downhill hole so I saw the whole thing happen.  Unfortunately I was playing on my own and not a soul was there to witness it!

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

So 89 for a nett 68 doesnt sound too bad (and for handicap purposes that 9 will reduce too) Looks like you will be getting a cut....well done. If you had said you came back in 38 "bangs" I think you would be straying well into bandit territory.

I played on Tuesday and after a very poor start to the season which saw me go from 8.6 to 10.0....I had a very decent gross 77 which included my first ever level par 9 holes (back nine)

Unbelievably I had to google which was front nine and back nine - only played golf for 50 years and genuinely never fully understood which was which......I never drop it into conversation and usually say "last nine"...i will be talking about my front and back nine this weekend though (even if I have the 36 hole open at Moray on Saturday)

Enjoy - Moray is golfing paradise IMO, preferably on a nice calm day (when the wind blows hard I have often struggled to break 90 off a ten handicap - just don't have the low ball flight in my golfing armoury!).

416040569_17867808165051586_8835326725741871797_n.jpg

28 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Enjoy - Moray is golfing paradise IMO, preferably on a nice calm day (when the wind blows hard I have often struggled to break 90 off a ten handicap - just don't have the low ball flight in my golfing armoury!).

I tried to hit a “stinger” a few years back, thinking I was the dugs baws after watching too many Youtube videos, smashed the head of my club into the grass before the ball and I’ve had a gammy wrist ever since. I’m lucky if I can manage 50 balls up the range these days and haven’t played 18 holes for about 2 years. I even get a shooting pain doing something daft like opening a window. 

Not worth it IMHO, I’ve effectively left myself disabled by thinking I was good enough to pierce one through the wind infront of my pals when I’m lucky if I’m breaking 90 on a good day.

On 29/05/2024 at 08:55, The Moonster said:

There's no course in the world worth 10k a round. 

See if thats a package with hotel, caddy, meal and a round with access to club house then as much as i couldnt afford it, its still worth it and considering they could say ‘100k a round’ and theyd get it, its actually no where near the biggest rip in golf or american sports stuff…

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I tried to hit a “stinger” a few years back, thinking I was the dugs baws after watching too many Youtube videos, smashed the head of my club into the grass before the ball and I’ve had a gammy wrist ever since. I’m lucky if I can manage 50 balls up the range these days and haven’t played 18 holes for about 2 years. I even get a shooting pain doing something daft like opening a window. 

Not worth it IMHO, I’ve effectively left myself disabled by thinking I was good enough to pierce one through the wind infront of my pals when I’m lucky if I’m breaking 90 on a good day.

Oh, man - sorry to hear that. When I put the ball back in my stance, weight more on front foot etc. and try a stinger I often either duff it or snap hook it (!!) - but injuring yourself that badly is another story entirely.

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Grew up in the North east where 20 mph is classed as a nice calm day, stingers are all I  play 🤣

46 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Wow Nelly!!!!

IMG_1784.jpeg

She's been miles off it today, started bogey, par, septuple bogey and was 10 over at the turn. Still on the same mark thru 14 holes.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

She's been miles off it today, started bogey, par, septuple bogey and was 10 over at the turn. Still on the same mark thru 14 holes.

How does a pro golfer hit it in the water from that green side bunker.  

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Grew up in the North east where 20 mph is classed as a nice calm day, stingers are all I  play 🤣

Try Caithness! 😳😂

Posted (edited)

MacIntyre -6 through 13 and sitting in third in his first round. Excellent stuff.

ETA and just one off the lead.

Edited by PB1994

12 hours ago, The Golden God said:

How does a pro golfer hit it in the water from that green side bunker.  

Easily enough when you watch it - just caught a tad too much of the ball out of the sand and the green was like glass and running away from her. The two chips back into the burn were the surprising bit as top pros don't usually make several errors in a row.

I watched a bit of this last night and the course looks brilliant - loads of elevation changes, proper thick rough and water all over the place. Scoring is generally quite poor - as should be the case at a US Open! Here's hoping there are not many under par at Pinehurst later this month too.

20 hours ago, Scosha said:

I holed out earlier this year with a hybrid from about 190 out on a par 4. 

Unfortunately I’d smashed my first drive OB and was 3 off the tee. Still enjoyed the hole out but was fairly sickening that it was for a par.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I holed out earlier this year with a hybrid from about 190 out on a par 4. 

Unfortunately I’d smashed my first drive OB and was 3 off the tee. Still enjoyed the hole out but was fairly sickening that it was for a par.

I did that in a medal a few years ago.  Shortish Par 4, sliced my tee shot OB, stuck my second ball right down the middle and left myself fairly close to the green and played a wee runner with an 8 iron that went in.  That was, sadly, the highlight of an absolute horror show of a round.