Golfers Thread

Gaz

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He finished -8, he’s just chipped in for a bird on 18!

Not that we’d know from the coverage mind you. We’re seeing guys having bang average rounds over a guy who’s posted the best round of the day.

Fuxake, that's amazeballs........😀

ETA - Although he's going to need another one of those tomorrow,.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He finished -8, he’s just chipped in for a bird on 18!

Not that we’d know from the coverage mind you. We’re seeing guys having bang average rounds over a guy who’s posted the best round of the day.

Even better. I was sure the leaderboard said 7 under and round complete when I looked but delighted to hear he managed another birdie. Good lad. 

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Bob out with Finau today which looks like a decent draw. 

Watching Finau's iron shots and putting makes me wince. For such a tall guy, his stance is surely going to give him back issues in future.

Scramble this morning for us, team played well enough but just couldn't hole enough putts. A 58 will be a lot closer to the bottom of the leaderboard than the top.

Edited by peasy23

My nine year old son has been asking about going to a professional golf tournament. The Scottish Open seems to fall when we're usually away on holiday. The other UK ones probably a bit on the busy side for him - not sure how much he'd be able to see due to the big crowds.

Been watching the KLM open with interest this weekend. I know the prize fund and it's proximity to the US Open means the field lacks the star names, but it looks really good. Plenty of space around the greens and right next to Schipol airport too, so getting there and back should be straightforward. Any one ever been or been paying any interest this weekend?

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

My nine year old son has been asking about going to a professional golf tournament. The Scottish Open seems to fall when we're usually away on holiday. The other UK ones probably a bit on the busy side for him - not sure how much he'd be able to see due to the big crowds.

Been watching the KLM open with interest this weekend. I know the prize fund and it's proximity to the US Open means the field lacks the star names, but it looks really good. Plenty of space around the greens and right next to Schipol airport too, so getting there and back should be straightforward. Any one ever been or been paying any interest this weekend?

It was on in the clubhouse yesterday when ai finished playing, and in the short spell I was watching Ewen Ferguson went bogey-birdie-bogey.

It's one of the better tourneys, although the DPWT has definitely lost some appeal with losing guys to the PGA Tour.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Although the weather can be a bit of a gamble with it being played in October, the Dunhill Links is a great introduction to Pro golf. Free entry for the first 3 days, a good field and fairly sparse crowds so easy to get a close look at the top players (and celebrities for that matter).

2 hour delay in the Netherlands due to protesters blocking players getting to the course on time.

Bob off at 3.15 pm at the Travellers. The umbrella logo has been very apt this week.

Edited by peasy23

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

2 hour delay in the Netherlands due to protesters blocking players getting to the course on time.

Bob off at 3.15 pm at the Travellers. The umbrella logo has been very apt this week.

Bob playing with Wyndham Clark & Taylor Pendrith.

Pity about yesterday's weather delay, it turned Bob's putter stone cold.

Scheffler hovering one shot off the lead. He just gobbles up your standard American 'target golf' layout and sucks a lot of atmospheric air out of tournaments. Boringly good.