Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone here a member (or even just played) Craigielaw? Looks to be one of the only East Lothian links courses that’s open for membership.

I've played it a few times. Find it tough (I'm off 14 atm), gets pretty windy down there and there's more than a few of those upturned saucer type greens.

It is nice and well maintained, with good facilities. Reflected in the price though, think it's a fair whack for membership.

13 minutes ago, Wee-Bey said:

I've played it a few times. Find it tough (I'm off 14 atm), gets pretty windy down there and there's more than a few of those upturned saucer type greens.

It is nice and well maintained, with good facilities. Reflected in the price though, think it's a fair whack for membership.

It’s a fair bit cheaper (when including joining fee) than most of the East Lothian links courses and a lot of the better Edinburgh courses (including where I currently am). It’s the joining fees that are the killers.

34 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone here a member (or even just played) Craigielaw? Looks to be one of the only East Lothian links courses that’s open for membership.

20 minutes ago, Wee-Bey said:

Spot on, Cheese. If you have the ability to hit 'one bounce and hit the brakes' type approach shots, then you will find Craigielaw very enjoyable.

If like me, you can't, it's an utter torture chamber of missed greens which then demand a good short game to recover.

Those PGA-style greens are too much for a hacking dog like me.