Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Nah, the big one.

Portmarnock: R&A keen to explore possible Open or Women's Open at Dublin course - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/67027603

first step toward The Open being held in Saudi Arabia?.............

Nae enough great courses in the UK?

Suspect the comprimise would be the womens Open

Just now, peasy23 said:

Was just reading that Gareth Bale hit 71 round Carnoustie on Thursday, beating his own pro Romain Langasque by 3 shots.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Was just reading that Gareth Bale hit 71 round Carnoustie on Thursday, beating his own pro Romain Langasque by 3 shots.

Birdied 1 after hitting his approach to about 2 feet. I believe he was 4- at one point in the round. 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

No wonder he jacked in the football. If I never had to worry about money and could play golf like that I would be giving up the day job to play golf as much as possible too.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don’t think we’ll be seeing much golf today. The DP World Tour app is saying there is an announcement due at 10am after all the early tee times have been “delayed due to flooding”.

Disappointing, but not that surprising. 

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Disappointing, but not that surprising. 

I’m assuming the east coast is much the same as the west, it’s been absolutely hooring it down here since about 2am with road closures and the likes. At this rate they’ll be lucky to get anyone out on the course tomorrow nevermind today.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m assuming the east coast is much the same as the west, it’s been absolutely hooring it down here since about 2am with road closures and the likes. At this rate they’ll be lucky to get anyone out on the course tomorrow nevermind today.

Yeah pretty much the same through here. 

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There's flood warnings for the area and they are expecting the old course to flood today 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

From what I saw yesterday Bob looked to be playing well enough but still struggling on the greens. 

That was the impression I got too, said for a while that it seems to be the putter is the weakest part of his game. One hole in particular he gouged a wedge out of the rough to about 6 feet, and the putt didn't really scare the hole.

33 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Says on the app that the third round will resume on Sunday - so I assume they will still play 72 holes and all final day qualifiers will be at St Andrews on Monday?

Aye that’s how I’m taking it. Might pop along with the wee man for a couple of hours to Carnoustie tomorrow