Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Can’t see this on the tv listings. Surely they will show some of it 

You woukd think so, currently Sky Sports Golf is showing Friday's highlights. Their Twitter account hasn't put anything on since Friday, and that was nothing to do with the Dunhill.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

You woukd think so, currently Sky Sports Golf is showing Friday's highlights. Their Twitter account hasn't put anything on since Friday, and that was nothing to do with the Dunhill.

They didn’t start there coverage until 12 the 2 days they played. 

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What do they do if two players on different courses finish tied?

Saw a tweet asking the same thing and seemingly they would fly them to the Old Course for a playoff. 

It could happen if Msrcus Armitage can finish with a few birdies at Carnoustie. 

Edit to add: he has just birdied his 15th hole of the day to get to -17, 2 behind leader Matt Fitzpatrick. 

Edited by peasy23

Noticed Bob MacIntyre has a different caddy in Andalucia this week, don't know if it's a change or his regular guy is having a break. Frustrating as f**k yesterday, played well tee to green as usual but putter was cold again.

Edited by peasy23

25 minutes ago, ForzaViola said:

Reading between the lines it looks like there were mental health issues involved. What an absolute tragedy.

That was my fear too reading it, especially as he is going through a divorce that might have taken it's toll.

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Jezzo that's terrible news 

I did a thing yesterday!

I have recently moved to Japan, and have been to the driving range and a  short par 3 course a few times but yesterday was my first time on a full 18. 

As a single , was put into a foursome with 3 old Japanese guys.

Played 18 holes , was a bit rusty and went out in 47 , but back in 41 for a 88. Very happy. 

At this course you get a day ticket , so because it was still relatively early,  they asked me to play another 9. I was happy with 18 but because we were having fun, I took them up on their offer. I’m so glad I did!

After a chip in birdie on 1, I hit a level par (35) for 9!!!!!

My best ever 9 is 38, 
My driving was terrible, topping it 80-90 yards, but recovered well with hybrid and chipped / pitched like an absolute demon. 

I was -1 through 7 holes before chunking one into a bunker that cost me a bogey. Parred the 9th to card a level par 35.

My lifetime goal is to shoot level par or better for 18, I am half way there! 

I definitely feel I can break 80 on this course at some point (par 68) . My best ever is 81.

Still buzzing this morning, what a day!!!