Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 29/11/2023 at 18:01, funky_nomad said:

Jim Furyk is President's Cup captain next year, but he hardly set the heather alight in 2018 to indicate he'd get a shot on home soil.

Fred Couples could get the nod.

Think part of their trouble in Rome was all the VCs were guys who play on the Champions Tour, they had no rapport with the guys on the team. 

28 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Rahm to Liv is the chatter. Big one that. Pga shot selves in foot with this "deal" thing they signed in summer

Rumoured to be in the region of $600 million, Rahm has the benefit of qualification for all the majors for the next few years in the bag.

An excellent T4th finish for Grant Forrest at the Australian Open, 3 shots behind the winner Joauquin Niemann who won at the second playoff hole against Rikuyo Hoshino.

Connor Syme was 17th and Calum Hill T51st, Bob MacIntyre was on his way home early after missing the cut.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

An excellent T4th finish for Grant Forrest at the Australian Open, 3 shots behind the winner Joauquin Niemann who won at the second playoff hole against Rikuyo Hoshino.

Connor Syme was 17th and Calum Hill T51st, Bob MacIntyre was on his way home early after missing the cut.

Unfortunately Forrest missed out on an Open qualifying spot on WGR to Adam Scott. 

On 03/12/2023 at 10:32, doulikefish said:

Thoughts ?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/usga-ra-rollback-announcement-december-2023

It won't make any difference is my first thought

I don't mind them reducing the distance for the pros, etc, but it's a joke that they don't have the, erm, balls to only enforce the change for elite amateurs upwards.

The main impact for the majority of us hackers will be more expensive golf balls having to be purchased ahead of an arbitrary date of enforcement that will make hee-haw difference to our 'golfing experience'.

Was on facebook marketplace because when i cant get on the course i spend my money on stupid things. Saw these Titleist blades for £200, offered the boy £180 and now own them for some reason. Went to the range today, they’re in fantastic nick. I was hitting the 3 iron further than my hybrid off the tee and quite liked the ball flight. The feeling hitting a bad shot isnt too outrageous but i think i’ll stick to my p790’s for now. 
I found a guy on facebook ‘blue zulu’ who refinishes clubs like the black ones in the other image, i think getting them crekoted with black and the titleist and number painted red? 

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3082.png

The OWGR points on offer for what was effectively an exhibition/charity event between Tiger and his pals last weekend is really giving the LIV crowd ammo. For context - Will Zalatoris earned more points for finishing dead last in a field that contained 20 players than Alex Fitzpatrick who finished T8 at the Aussie Open. 

The golf politics these days is becoming seriously tiring, what an absolute mess this sport is in. This Jon Rahm stuff just highlights the scale of the mess.