Golfers Thread

Gaz

Play suspended in Puerto Rico due to heavy rain. Players were initially told to stay in position as it was hoped it would pass through quickly, but were later told to head for shelter.

Edited by peasy23

Good scoring all round for the lads,Laird -5 Knox -1 they got finished good comeback fae Bob currently -2 after 16 before the days play stopped for light 

Laird -9 Bob -7 Knox -3 all finished Rd 2 and cut predicted at -2 so weekend golf for them all

Leader at -12 just now 

Edited by doulikefish

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Laird -9 Bob -7 Knox -3 all finished Rd 2 and cut predicted at -2 so weekend golf for the all

Still a lot of players to complete round 2. I suspect Knox will ultimately miss the cut by a shot. Cut projection data below currently gives those on -3 about a 16% chance of making the cut.

https://datagolf.com/live-model/pga-tour-opposite

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Still a lot of players to complete round 2. I suspect Knox will ultimately miss the cut by a shot or two.

https://datagolf.com/live-model/pga-tour-opposite

Had a dodgy stream on but I'm sure they said it's to get windy so hopefully later scores go higher as it's a birdie fest just now 

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Had a dodgy stream on but I'm sure they said it's to get windy so hopefully later scores go higher as it's a birdie fest just now 

Yes if the wind gets up then Knox will have a chance. Hopefully he makes it through.

Good to see both Laird and MacIntyre contending.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes if the wind gets up then Knox will have a chance. Hopefully he makes it through.

Good to see both Laird and MacIntyre contending.

Scoring has slowed right down -3 looking good for Knox 

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just slipped outside the cut line. Can't see him making it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Defo a wind protected course,the morning wave with no wind were all going low,the wind picked up and at one point when I checked the lowest score on the course was -2 and as usual in that part of the world the wind dropped off later in the afternoon and scoring went low again .Shame for Knox 

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Big Shot Bob confirmed for The Players next weekend.

Tekkers 

Have to say the golf coverage goes to absolute f**k this week when they switch to the actual sky sports coverage. The early round stuff is great. I know that americans get more adverts etc than us, assuming that must happen after the switch also

it's not been as bad today

Edited by Tartan Dave

18 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Fleetwood had a 10 the other day on his way to an 80, 45 blows on the front 9.

Bob and Martin Laird both 11 under in Puerto Rico  and T13th.

It's an all Scottish pairing for Bob as he is out with Victor Perez at 15.25, Laird out 20 minutes earlier with Cody Gribble.

Edited by peasy23