Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Tartan Dave said:

Murray and "Dame" laura are hard work for me. 

I’m with you. I think Davies comes across as a real dinosaur these days.

I’m really hoping one of the -8 or -9 crew can have a real run at it tomorrow if Clark, Harman or Schauffele have a slow start. Joel Dahmen is having a great week, I’d love to see him go low tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

I don't mind Henni. Not a huge fan but they have needed a new voice or two. Murray and "Dame" laura are hard work for me. Is howell not on this week or am I just forgetting hearing him? Have watched most coverage but missed bits and bobs 

I may be in the minority here but I really struggle with Sky's coverage in general.  Far too many ad breaks, and a lot of annoying commentators.  Dame Laura is at least cheerful and does add the odd insight, but Ewen Murray is bad - tends to sound pretty bored, aaaaaaaand randomly lengthens words for no reason. McGinley is unbearable - a wittering blowhard who is obsessed with Rory. Nick Dougherty is an irritating lightweight, and even Coltart doesn't add much for me even though he's Scottish. The banter with the co-comms about him being rubbish is getting really tedious. I quite like Beem and Henni though - he does the old grump role better than Murray (and has actually been there and done it on tour and won a major) and she is fine to listen to and knowledgable; tends to be more focused on the action than Coltart et al. too.

Delighted to see Wyndham "Personality" Clark dump it in the water on 17 so far short of the green - an absolutely terrible shot. I'm amazed his caddy's practice putting strokes with a wedge on the green is allowed - that must be at the limit of slow play p1ss-taking, worse even than Aimpoint.

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

I may be in the minority here but I really struggle with Sky's coverage in general.  Far too many ad breaks, and a lot of annoying commentators.  Dame Laura is at least cheerful and does add the odd insight, but Ewen Murray is bad - tends to sound pretty bored, aaaaaaaand randomly lengthens words for no reason. McGinley is unbearable - a wittering blowhard who is obsessed with Rory. Nick Dougherty is an irritating lightweight, and even Coltart doesn't add much for me even though he's Scottish. The banter with the co-comms about him being rubbish is getting really tedious. I quite like Beem and Henni though - he does the old grump role better than Murray (and has actually been there and done it on tour and won a major) and she is fine to listen to and knowledgable; tends to be more focused on the action than Coltart et al. too.

Delighted to see Wyndham "Personality" Clark dump it in the water on 17 so far short of the green - an absolutely terrible shot. I'm amazed his caddy's practice putting strokes with a wedge on the green is allowed - that must be at the limit of slow play p1ss-taking, worse even than Aimpoint.

Hard to disagree with this. Not to mention it’s the same fucking adverts during every single break. During the Ryder Cup we had the annoying dandruff advert and for this tournament it’s the Gillette advert with the cheesy sounding 90’s action rock song. My good lady has been absolutely cracking up :lol:

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hard to disagree with this. Not to mention it’s the same fucking adverts during every single break. During the Ryder Cup we had the annoying dandruff advert and for this tournament it’s the Gillette advert with the cheesy sounding 90’s action rock song. My good lady has been absolutely cracking up :lol:

Don't forget the guy who wants to talk to us about his leakage...

34 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Laird currently on ball no 3 on the 17th watching all his good work today go swimming 

And he'd already had a 7 on the par 5 11th without being in the water.

A couple of 7s on the back 9. Out in 32 back in 41!

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Watched Season 2 of Full Swing during the week.

Claude Harmon did nothing to change my opinion that he is a bawbag. 

When you see how close Zach Johnson was to his clique, there was no way Justin Thomas and Ricky Fowler weren't getting a pick for the Ryder Cup. He actually made me feel sorry for Keegan Bradley, which I thought was impossible.