Golfers Thread

Gaz

56 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well taking a step back from chat about the "personalities" involved I thought that was a fantastic watch. 

Great stuff.

Yep, the quality of golf was tremendous. No fan of Clark, but it was bordering on miraculous that he even had a chance given he was all over the course early on.

21 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well taking a step back from chat about the "personalities" involved I thought that was a fantastic watch. 

Great stuff.

Because it's irrelevant and boring?

12 hours ago, doulikefish said:

That was superb viewing last night.Can boring Scottie be the 2nd man to win the players and the masters in the same year ala the big cat ?

I should have been a professional. My golf was never boring.

I'll be honest, I'm warming to Scheffler. Yeah he's not this mad charismatic guy that everybody wants to listen to, there might not be much to "market" about him like there was for Tiger but he's an honest, hard working family guy who has refused to take the Saudi boaby so far. His golf swing also isn't boring, it's quite unique and the consistency from tee to green is incredible. I've watched him on a number of Youtube golf videos now and he's just a lovely big guy that loves golf. I think his personality gets more criticism than it deserves. 

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Out today round Whitecraigs. First round with my new irons. Shaved 8 shots off my previous best round of 93 for an 85. 

I love golf. 

This post is as close to a -1000 showing in my bank account as its possible to get on Pie and Bovril outside of an extremely unlikely deal on the Liz Hurley thread

Edited by Bairnardo

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Out today round Whitecraigs. First round with my new irons. Shaved 8 shots off my previous best round of 93 for an 85. 

I love golf. 

I had a great round last night myself. Obviously on a shortened winter course but 36 shots (2+) for 9 holes brilliant for me! 6th birdie of the year as well. Iv set myself a target of 35 birdies and 1 eagle in 2024. Buzzing for the actual season to start on April 1st 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

I had a great round last night myself. Obviously on a shortened winter course but 36 shots (2+) for 9 holes brilliant for me! 6th birdie of the year as well. Iv set myself a target of 35 birdies and 1 eagle in 2024. Buzzing for the actual season to start on April 1st 

Other than 1 or 2 holes that had tees brought right forward, but still within where the yellows would normally be, I was surprised that the course wasn't shorter than it was.  

I didn't drive the ball like an absolute dick today which also helped and I finished 18 with the same ball I started with.