Golfers Thread

Gaz

Matts confirmed for another 9 days and weekend season opening Texas scramble cancelled due to the weather. I’m genuinely so fucking depressed with the weather 

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Matts confirmed for another 9 days and weekend season opening Texas scramble cancelled due to the weather. I’m genuinely so fucking depressed with the weather 

Looking like another washout weekend for us too, managed a round on Monday gone but that was absolute brass and rather unenjoyable.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzler said:

Looking like another washout weekend for us too, managed a round on Monday gone but that was absolute brass and rather unenjoyable.

I played Monday as well. Not much wind but the constant drizzle soaked me through. No idea when il get out again. Next weekends plans are populated with my son’s birthday, so that’s a no go. 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzler said:

Managed the Torrance course on Monday and that was absolutely soaking> Surely brighter days are coming 

Since Augusta has been mentioned if anybody hasn't I would download the rather excellent masters app as we are only a week away from the crowd being called patrons etc etc 

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Since Augusta has been mentioned if anybody hasn't I would download the rather excellent masters app as we are only a week away from the crowd being called patrons etc etc 

Yes the app is superb. 
I love the Masters. 
 Can’t wait. 

My course went off mats, now just announced we’ve reinstated them. I completely understand why, it’s probably a bog, but just extends time before I venture back out.

Was in Portugal for 3 days last weekend. Pissing it down most of the time. Can’t even escape the weather when going abroad to golf ffs!

23 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I’ll second this. The Masters app is top notch and pisses all over the PGA Tour one in terms of tracking and video content.

The PGA Tour one is absolutely hopeless compared to the DP World Tour.

Played my first game without mats yesterday, surprised myself by hitting quite a few great iron shots. 

22mm of rain overnight, course closed today and Captain's start scheduled for tomorrow. Not ideal.

On the subject of the masters- who will be the picks to win.  When i checked William Hill last week Scottie was as short as 4/1. think i will back Brooks at 18s. Couple of quid on big shane also.

20 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Played my first game without mats yesterday, surprised myself by hitting quite a few great iron shots. 

22mm of rain overnight, course closed today and Captain's start scheduled for tomorrow. Not ideal.

Our course is closed today…….but for snow and not rain! What chance have we got? 

2 hours ago, Burnside91 said:

On the subject of the masters- who will be the picks to win.  When i checked William Hill last week Scottie was as short as 4/1. think i will back Brooks at 18s. Couple of quid on big shane also.

Hideki San and Clark both 28/1 and both top 10 in the players 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Our course is closed today…….but for snow and not rain! What chance have we got? 

To the surprise of nobody our captain's start has been cancelled tomorrow and the course closed until Sunday at the earliest.

3 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

It's so bad, I'm even considering going to the range over the weekend... 😲

I have been a regular at cluny just now 👀