Golfers Thread

Gaz

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Next week will be the first time since 1985 there hasn't been a Scot in the Masters field. Quite a few times Sandy Lyle has been the only one.

Yep. 

The only chance of a Scot getting in was Martin Laird winning the Valero Open this week.

He's just finished round 2 and is currently tied 18th on 2 under but is 7 shots off the lead.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Lovely finish for laird birdies the last 2 to be in at -2 

Yes cracking back 9 of 3 under after a double on the front 9 when he had to reload on the tee had him outside the current projected cut line of even par. Really good effort.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep. 

The only chance of a Scot getting in was Martin Laird winning the Valero Open this week.

He's just finished round 2 and is currently tied 18th on 2 under but is 7 shots off the lead.

Big Vic Pehrez also sitting at -1 at the Valero so another with a shout 😉

I was browsing Youtube and I saw the LIV Miami live stream pop up so I thought I’d give it a bash. The relentless distorted/muffled sound of music constantly playing in the background is unbearable. It would be much more watchable without that. I vaguely remember a European Tour event last year that had a DJ at the tee of one of the holes and I thought that was brutal as well. 

Get music at professional golf tournaments firmly in the bin.

17 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Next week will be the first time since 1985 there hasn't been a Scot in the Masters field. Quite a few times Sandy Lyle has been the only one.

Yep, that's quite sad.  Talking of Sandy, this is lovely stuff - would have liked to see more of his shots and the reverse course:

35mm of rain at our place overnight on a course that was already closed yesterday. Closed today with more rain forecast.

Very frustrating, especially as I played on Thursday, and it was in great nick considering the battering it has taken

By all accounts Augusta is in the best condition it's ever been. Which style of player is this likely to suit? Guys good round greens? I've been fancying Matsuyama for my main bet but not sure

3 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

By all accounts Augusta is in the best condition it's ever been. Which style of player is this likely to suit? Guys good round greens? I've been fancying Matsuyama for my main bet but not sure

Stuck on the ANGC Women's Amateur and it looks in great nick.

Lottie Woad birdied 15, 17 and 18 to win by 1. Scotland's Hannah Darling was 7th.

21 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Augusta is always in great nick they practically cut the fairways by hand

The Augusta we are allowed to see is always in great nick, it turns brown in late summer.

Screenshot_20240406_203336_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

No idea, but I just downloaded the masters app again ( definitely the best app on my phone), so looking forward to finding out! 

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

He must hit more shots to "unknown " than any other player on tour.

Screenshot_20240407_092506_PGA TOUR.jpg

How he managed to get through that hole without a penalty drop was quite something. He's some guy.