Golfers Thread

Gaz

45 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I've been lucky enough to have  played golf all over the world but stuff like this is why here at home is the most unique and links golf is the best

https://x.com/DPWorldTour/status/1811317684291682394?t=YUBh6HjYZaCbLCgA0jysRg&s=19

I've played over that wall, too - finally, my game has something in common with Boab! 

(although I didn't make par...)

37 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What a treat it is being able to watch live golf all morning instead of the coverage starting at lunch time.

Rory impressive? I take it Sky showed everyone of his shots 

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not really a shock that he's finding living in the US quite tough tbh, but as he's said he'll definitely be spending a couple of months there over winter to be able to practice in better conditions. 

My auld man is helping out with the charity putting thing in the tented village this week. 3 hour shift then you can watch the golf, free parking and free lunch.

Had no idea until yesterday that like Mickelson, Scotland's favourite lefty is actually right handed. Apparently shinty players find it a lot easier to play golf left handed.

IMG-20240711-WA0013.jpg

On 11/07/2024 at 16:43, peasy23 said:

Big nae luck award to Ludvig.

What happens in this situation? Drop ball or tough play from where it is?

3 minutes ago, RH33 said:

What happens in this situation? Drop ball or tough play from where it is?

Tough shit for Ludvig, he has to play his ball from where it ended up. The other ball gets replaced in it's original spot, or as close to it as can be estimated. 

Just as well I don't really bother about competitions too much. Had decent birdie chances on two par 3s and both par 5s this morning (all missed but tap in pars), but played horrendously elsewhere. Stupid game.

Do it again next week.

16 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Boab off at 2.19 tomorrow with Adam Scott.

Both at 8 under.

Wonder how many shots Sky will show. It was the Rory and Fleetwood show yesterday, reckon Bob only got airtime because of one of his playing partners.