Golfers Thread

Gaz

5 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

Between Sheffler's shank out of the bunker and the boy who eventually won the British Masters getting the yips around the green half way through his back 9, it was a very relatable Sunday on Sky Sports golf.

Me? Yet another sterling finish, dropping 5 shots in the last 3 holes for +11... 🙄

Reminds me of my biggest bed shitting (and there have been a few). Was +3 after fourteen holes in the boys (u18) championship at Alloa GC when I was fifteen.

Dropped nine shots in four holes. 😂

My golfing career went slowly downhill from then. 🥴🥴🥴

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Par on the 1st (long par 4 into wind) and had a birdie putt on 2 but walked off with bogey. Then doubled 3 and went OB twice on 4. It was done. Ended up shooting a 84 

TBF 84 is a decent effort after that start.

I had a really nice round going after 8 holes on Saturday. Then took a triple bogey 8 on the 9th, a hole that is the best birdie opportunity on the course. Double bogey on 11 and then another triple bogey on 12th. 

Needless to say I finished with 4 lovely pars but way too little way too late.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

15 hours ago, printer said:

Reminds me of my biggest bed shitting (and there have been a few). Was +3 after fourteen holes in the boys (u18) championship at Alloa GC when I was fifteen.

Dropped nine shots in four holes. 😂

My golfing career went slowly downhill from then. 🥴🥴🥴

No Schawpark Redemption???

1 hour ago, funky_nomad said:

No Schawpark Redemption???

😁 I kind of peaked when I was 14yo. 🫤

Although a couple of years later I did finish with five consecutive threes (3 under) to take a four down position to the 19th hole (which I won). 

@sugna can confirm I think.

Edited by printer

27 minutes ago, printer said:

😁 I kind of peaked when I was 14yo. 🫤

Although a couple of years later I did finish with five consecutive threes (3 under) to take a four down position to the 19th hole (which I won). 

@sugna can confirm I think.

Can confirm.

I have a similar tale, sort of the mirror image. 😪

(You really need to know the course to see what a ridiculous finish that was. 3 tough par 4s, and 2 tough par 3s.)

Omega Masters was a decent watch today.

Caught a bit on Friday in glorious sunshine with the snow capped mountains in the background. Yesterday I gather there was a gale and play had to stop for a bit today due to fog. 

I suppose a golf course in the mountains is going to experience all different weathers, but Friday had me checking out how to get to Sion

Good Battle at the Omega Masters on Sunday afternoon, Matt Wallace gets a lot of shit but is building a pretty stellar career. I wouldn't be worried about him making the European side at Bethpage.

Great to see Beef back playing well, that was a tremendous final round he put together, no idea how his put on 17 didnt drop. Has anyone read his Golf is Hard book ? 

Edited by Burnside91
spelling error

16 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

2 hour delay before getting out. Wonderful course with spectacular views. I played shite tho and I truly believe il never get under 10 in my life 

IMG_3258.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3262.jpeg

IMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg

The course looks spectacular. What is letting you down on the course ?

3 minutes ago, Burnside91 said:

The course looks spectacular. What is letting you down on the course ?

Mental game more than anything if I’m honest mate. I just compound mistakes then get angry about it which in turn affects my game for a few holes. I finished yesterday with 4 pars so I know Iv got a score in me if I can just keep it together. I tripled 6 yesterday which is a pretty straight forward par 3 and was still fizzing when driving on 7 which lead to a snap hook lost ball. Ended up carding another triple. 

22 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Mental game more than anything if I’m honest mate. I just compound mistakes then get angry about it which in turn affects my game for a few holes. I finished yesterday with 4 pars so I know Iv got a score in me if I can just keep it together. I tripled 6 yesterday which is a pretty straight forward par 3 and was still fizzing when driving on 7 which lead to a snap hook lost ball. Ended up carding another triple. 

Yeah its a tough one, its easy to say its just a game, we are not at the top level blah blah but all our battles are relative and what makes us love the game. Whether it be break par, 80,90 etc. Recently Ive just been really trying to stay in the one shot at a time mind set. Bad shots happen as seen above even SS can hit a shank but its just important to try not follow it up with another. Enjoyment is the most important factor, looking at the pics of Gleneagles it looked class mate. Much better than being at work just really try enjoy it, alot worse happening out there at the moment.

Irish Open gets underway today at Royal County Down. Always feel a bit sorry for guys scrapping to keep their card as some will miss out on playing this week and next as the big names all drag themselves back across the Atlantic. David Law needs a strong finish to the season as he sits down in 152nd spot on the Race to Dubai. There was an article in the Scotsman last week where he said he had f**ked himself by trying to chase distance to the detriment of the rest of his game.

BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth next week, where Bob Mac will team up with Andy Murray in the pro am.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Irish Open gets underway today at Royal County Down. Always feel a bit sorry for guys scrapping to keep their card as some will miss out on playing this week and next as the big names all drag themselves back across the Atlantic. David Law needs a strong finish to the season as he sits down in 152nd spot on the Race to Dubai. There was an article in the Scotsman last week where he said he had f**ked himself by trying to chase distance to the detriment of the rest of his game.

BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth next week, where Bob Mac will team up with Andy Murray in the pro am.

It’s a real shame we’re only getting 5 hours of covereage today (doesn’t start til 1pm), it’s always a decent tournament with a strong field.