Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

5 hours of Rory hacking it about 

Funnily enough the coverage starts at 8am tomorrow, a whole 5 hours earlier than today. Guess who just so happens to be teeing off at 8am!

It does move to the red button around lunch time for the Solheim. It’s actually pretty shite these two events clash IMO, leave this weekend free to divert all the attention to the Solheim.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Funnily enough the coverage starts at 8am tomorrow, a whole 5 hours earlier than today. Guess who just so happens to be teeing off at 8am!

It does move to the red button around lunch time for the Solheim. It’s actually pretty shite these two events clash IMO, leave this weekend free to divert all the attention to the Solheim.

With the red button option I don’t see how they can’t have it on all day. Even if it’s just featured groups until main coverage starts 

28 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Solheim Cup starts today. Sky coverage beginsat 11.30am with first foursome matches teeing off at 12.05.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/sep/12/solheim-cup-pettersen-omits-leona-maguire-and-turns-to-charley-hull

Lets hope Charley Hull doesn’t smoke a cigarette/vape, use her phone or do some other everyday mundane task. The golf bros on Twitter might lose their minds again.

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Love the tee boxes in the shape of the Solheim Cup. That is the only thing I am enjoying about the Solheim Cup 

The Yanks really are absolutely unbearable when you are competing against them. From the players to the caddies to the daft captain with her daft wee bag standing right next to the players in the middle of the fairway when they are hitting shots. Back aff ya weirdo.

22 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Yanks really are absolutely unbearable when you are competing against them. From the players to the caddies to the daft captain with her daft wee bag standing right next to the players in the middle of the fairway when they are hitting shots. Back aff ya weirdo.

I've had a horrendous season this year every time I've had a scorecard in my hand. Always played some decent stuff but a few holes have always fecked it. Started the season on 13.9 and hadn't broke 90 until today, carding an 89. Had 2 sixes and 1 seven with everything else a 5 or less. Annoyingly missed a couple of makeable putts but that was balanced out with a couple holed from long range. Handicap index had crept up to 18, should be 0.5 or so coming off tomorrow.