Golfers Thread

Gaz

Brilliant to see Graeme McDowell hole from nearly 30ft on the last to secure his place in the Open at Royal Portrush. He'll be absolutely thrilled. 
Some display by Rory so far.
Aye, delighted for him, would be a sore one for him to miss out on.

Pebble is a fantastic course but it is a bit of a shiter for the average UK viewer in that it won't finish until about 2.30am on Sunday.

Nightshift Monday means il stay up as late as possible Sunday/Monday morning to try get myself into a routine.

47 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
11 hours ago, peasy23 said:
33 of the 36 surviving US Open champions pictured after their Champions dinner.IMG_20190612_085507.thumb.jpg.183c42b9dc654c95e7c842bd0f926169.jpg

Any idea who the 3 missing are?

Tried to work it out even cross referencing Wikipedia to jog memory,- and a million edits later-I've got:

Back: Curtis Strange, McDowell, W Simpson, Campbell, S Simpson, Ogilvy, Kaymer, DJ, Spieth, Tiger, Miller, Koepka, Rose, Pate, Cabrera, North, Goosen, Glover, Janzen, Furyk, Kite (looks like mini Iain Dowie), Jones, Rory, Els

Front:  Watson, Trevino, L Graham, Player, Nicklaus, Jacklin, Irwin, D Graham

The 4 missing (count them, there's only 32 in the photo)

Larry Nelson

Fuzzy Zoeller

Corey Pavin

Ray Floyd

One of them must be taking the photo or away for a piss.

Had no idea what Scott Simpson looked like now, even less that he looked like Magnum PI in his pomp

Spoiler

Image result for scott simpson golf

Edited by Fuctifano

Tried to work it out even cross referencing Wikipedia to jog memory, I've got:
Back: Curtis Strange, McDowell, W Simpson, Campbell, S Simpson, blank, Kaymer, DJ, Spieth, Tiger, Miller, Koepka, Rose, blank, Cabrera, blank, Goosen, blank, Janzen, Furyk, Kite (looks like mini Iain Dowie), blank, Rory, Els
Front:  Watson, Trevino, blank, Player, Nicklaus, Jacklin, Irwin, D Graham

For the blanks, take your pick from: 
Lou Graham
Andy North
Jerry Pate
Larry Nelson
Fuzzy Zoeller
Corey Pavin
Ray Floyd

I think Corey Pavin is the only one out that lot I'd recognise so I do't think he's there.  Maybe Zoeller as well.
Nicklaus, Trevino, and Jacklin are the 4 oldest survivors, there's not some 90-odd year old who won in the 50s who's still kicking about.
edit: used google to pick up a couple I wouldn't know
Googled a few, think Lou Graham is seated between Trevino and Player.

12 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Googled a few, think Lou Graham is seated between Trevino and Player.

Aye, that would make sense considering he's actually older than both Trevino and Nicklaus so would be sat down

Gone for Andy North next to Cabrera, before my time but I know he's tall and google image has a tall grey haired guy that looks enough like him in the photo

Forgot Lucas Glover, that's him in the cream suit! Do you know you far down on google images you have to go to get a picture of him without a hat (or with his psycho wife)?

Think it's Steve Jones next to Rory and Ernie as well

f**k sake, there's only 32 in the photo. Done.

Edited by Fuctifano