Golfers Thread

Gaz

"You can never rule him out" says McGinley of Woods. In this instance I'm pretty sure Woods can be ruled right out of it, Paul.

Yep, at 11 shots back an outbreak of pestilence that wipes out everybody above him on the leaderboard would be needed for Tiger to get close to winning.

Slightly to my surprise given 2 lost balls leading to 2 triple bogies plus 2 other doubles on my card in R2 of club championship qualifier I’ve managed to get into the (handicap) knock out stages. 7th of 8 qualifiers. Had a good score in R1 but still somewhat surprised to qualify. Quarter final tie is Wednesday evening.

Slightly to my surprise given 2 lost balls leading to 2 triple bogies plus 2 other doubles on my card in R2 of club championship qualifier I’ve managed to get into the (handicap) knock out stages. 7th of 8 qualifiers. Had a good score in R1 but still somewhat surprised to qualify. Quarter final tie is Wednesday evening.

Best of luck, I missed out by 1 shot for qualifying for ours, and that was mainly down to a 7-6 finish in my second round. The 7 was at a par 3, I was seething when I found out I had got so close to going through.

39 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Best of luck, I missed out by 1 shot for qualifying for ours, and that was mainly down to a 7-6 finish in my second round. The 7 was at a par 3, I was seething when I found out I had got so close to going through.

Thanks. I was certain I'd missed out so now feeling a bit like I've nothing to lose. That will of course all change once the next tie arrives.

I feel your pain and I think most golfers know that feeling. Conversely i finished well with 3 pars and a bogey after having a triple on 14 as I was completely relaxed beings sure I had no chance. 

Thanks. I was certain I'd missed out so now feeling a bit like I've nothing to lose. That will of course all change once the next tie arrives.
I feel your pain and I think most golfers know that feeling. Conversely i finished well with 3 pars and a bogey after having a triple on 14 as I was completely relaxed beings sure I had no chance. 
What made it worse was I had finished 3-4 on the Saturday. My tee shot ended up in the rough, couldn't find it, so had to trudge back to the tee and play again. While I was away my playing partners found the ball, but the 3 minutes was long gone by then.

Stenson had what he called a semi-shank on 16 yesterday, and scudded a spectator on the head. By the time he got there the guy was taking selfies, so he lay down next to him and his girlfriend for a picture. [emoji23]IMG_20190616_220839.jpg

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Rory firmly into reverse. Really poor decision to take driver there.

McGinley was almost lost for words when he hacked his second into the bunker. That's McIlroy's race run thanks to the double bogey. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

McGinley was almost lost for words when he hacked his second into the bunker. That's McIlroy's race run thanks to the double bogey. 

I'd like to see him bounce back but my instinct is that he'll press even harder and make more mistakes. Hope I'm wrong though.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'd like to see him bounce back but my instinct is that he'll press even harder and make more mistakes. Hope I'm wrong though.

Yep. To be honest it's been a familiar story for him in majors over the last couple of years. 

That par by Koepka on the 2nd must've felt like an eagle. Outrageous.