Golfers Thread

Gaz

20 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/49904818

The Koreans don't stand for any nonsense on their tour anyway...

Feel pretty bad for the player. Article just says "sound of a smartphone" but I'm assuming someone was taking a photo of him. Why can't people just watch the golf instead of needing to get their phone out. One of the worst examples I've seen was Tiger at the US Open this year. He was absolutely surrounded by spectators taking a shot from the rough and you could barely pick out a single one that didn't have their phone out. 

Reacting like that is unacceptable but 3 years is ridiculous and I can understand his frustration during the incident.

Feel pretty bad for the player. Article just says "sound of a smartphone" but I'm assuming someone was taking a photo of him. Why can't people just watch the golf instead of needing to get their phone out. One of the worst examples I've seen was Tiger at the US Open this year. He was absolutely surrounded by spectators taking a shot from the rough and you could barely pick out a single one that didn't have their phone out. 

Reacting like that is unacceptable but 3 years is ridiculous and I can understand his frustration during the incident.

Kevin Na's caddy Kenny Harms was wearing this cap last night during the first round of the Shriner's Open.IMG_20191004_185834.jpeg.db74db9600e506f05c02462d2c267dcd.jpeg

On 29/09/2019 at 21:03, Ro Sham Bo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/49873076

Interesting comments from Rory considering some of the scores that are shot on the US tour.

I think his views are a bit skewed by the fact that he's come back to play links courses in very favourable conditions with not a lot of defence.

The leaders in PGA event this week are 12 under after 2 rounds. You had to be 5 under through 36 holes just to make the cut.

The cut in Spanish Open on European Tour this week was level par.

Awaiting further comments from Rory  :lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

The leaders in PGA event this week are 12 under after 2 rounds. You had to be 5 under through 36 holes just to make the cut.
Awaiting further comments from Rory  [emoji38]
Jon Rahm certainly pushed things along at the top of the leaderboard today with a 63 to move to 17 under, 5 clear of second place. There's a Scot tied 12th but I'm not mentioning names in case I jinx him as usual.

Hi, my name is KnightswoodBear, and I went round today in the Medal in 121 (One hundred and twenty one) strokes. 

Ooft. Sore one. It's a fkn stupid game anyway.

Kudos for playing the full 18 btw, can't understand folk who chuck it just because they are carding a bad score.

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:
17 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Awaiting further comments from Rory  emoji38.png

Jon Rahm certainly pushed things along at the top of the leaderboard today with a 63 to move to 17 under, 5 clear of second place. There's a Scot tied 12th but I'm not mentioning names in case I jinx him as usual.

22 under is the mark after three rounds at the USPGA event.  I've not caught any of it on TV but it must be a true test of golf, that one. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Ooft. Sore one. It's a fkn stupid game anyway.

Kudos for playing the full 18 btw, can't understand folk who chuck it just because they are carding a bad score.

I knew I wasn't playing great, but the final score genuinely took me back a bit.  I've not carded anywhere near that for a long, long time.  

I knew I wasn't playing great, but the final score genuinely took me back a bit.  I've not carded anywhere near that for a long, long time.  
It's amazing how you can rack up the strokes without realising. I made it to the turn in 42 early in the season in one competition, following week I felt I was playing ok but when I totted up the score on the 10th tee I had hit 53.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
14 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's amazing how you can rack up the strokes without realising. I made it to the turn in 42 early in the season in one competition, following week I felt I was playing ok but when I totted up the score on the 10th tee I had hit 53.

I'm the very opposite of these views. I always know pretty much exactly how I'm doing. I suspect many golfers are like this. 

For me this is a plus..

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Yes Russell Knox is on 13 under after 3 rounds in USA to lie tied 15th. 
13 under in Spanish Open would be in sole possession of 2nd place.
It would seem thus far that Rory really was talking shite last weekend.

Disappointingly Knox found water on his last 3 holes tonight to finish T48 when a top 20 finish was in comfortable reach. Marin Laird finished on the same mark.

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:
23 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That's me been given my first handicap.  34.

Not going to lie, that's a real kick in the balls.  I play with folk who are in the 20's and I always hold my own against them.  I've really not done myself justice there.

That's me been given my first handicap.  34.
Not going to lie, that's a real kick in the balls.  I play with folk who are in the 20's and I always hold my own against them.  I've really not done myself justice there.
I was given 18 as my first handycap a bit steep imo, I'm now 20 after a year, I play better than 20 but I just can't seem to do it in medals,