Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played a Stableford this morning, started like a train, fell away in the middle, then finished with 4 pars in the last 5 holes. Think there was only 1 hole that I scored nothing on. Not allowed to input scores using the touchscreen for obvious reasons, will have to wait until Monday to see how I got on.

Going to be tough for clubs to get through this, and I've no idea if we will still be allowed to play, even if it is only socially. Bar closed, and locker room closed at close of play tomorrow. Our chef is going to run a collection service, and is looking into doing deliveries. Only plus point is that it is a time of year when members have just paid their fees, so there is plenty cash in the bank.

I keep hooking my second shot on the same hole. My irons are generally solid. But on the exact same hole my last 4/5 rounds I’ve hooked the approach. About 150-170 yards. So frustrating
Yep, went through the same last year. 3 weeks in a row hit cracking drives down the 7th hole at Bishopbriggs, then followed it by pushing my second shot away to the right. Couldn't find my ball the second week, but I did find it on the third week when I put my shot in almost exactly the same place.

Glad I played on Saturday now, as the course is now closed for the foreseeable future.
Mine too as of last night, this is brutal all this shit weather then when we get a break the full country shuts down, think ill play as a loner

Mine too as of last night, this is brutal all this shit weather then when we get a break the full country shuts down, think ill play as a loner
All course workers have been told to stay at home, so no maintainence will be carried out. Our greens had just been cored and sanded last week, they'll be unplayable in a week or so anyway. Need to get my mat and net set up in the garden.

All course workers have been told to stay at home, so no maintainence will be carried out. Our greens had just been cored and sanded last week, they'll be unplayable in a week or so anyway. Need to get my mat and net set up in the garden.

Same work was carried out on mine last week too, choking to play aswel

Same work was carried out on mine last week too, choking to play aswel

Saturday was the first full 18 holes I had played since about November, all down to how wet the weather had been through the winter. Course was closed a lot of times when I was aiming to play, and lots of winter greens at other times that put me off playing. Kicking myself a bit now tbh.

Saturday was the first full 18 holes I had played since about November, all down to how wet the weather had been through the winter. Course was closed a lot of times when I was aiming to play, and lots of winter greens at other times that put me off playing. Kicking myself a bit now tbh. 

We have been lucky that we were only shut a couple of days during the rain, I still didn't really play much tho, fairway matts put me off, temporary greens on some days mostly fully open, think iv had around 10 rounds since November would like to have played more, I was going to pop over to yours last week but wasnt sure how it held up

I played on Friday after work and Sunday and glad I did. My course is also now closed.

Tbh, I wasn't finding life in the corona world too bad. I've been working from home for a week now, only leaving the house for a trip to the supermarket or for a run and that'd all been fine. But the closure of the golf course was a sore one. There were a few of my pals who were pretty down when their gym got closed and I guess now I know the feeling of your main hobby all of a sudden not being available.

I've played 5 rounds I think so far this season and was really coming onto a game. Had a couple of really good 9s without putting anything special together over the 18 including a 1 over par front 9 last week. 

Obviously there's bigger things going on atm than my mediocre-at-best golf game but on a personal level, it's a b*****d thing to happen when you're playing well. Hopefully the restrictions can be reduced  soon.