Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played in our Medals Final today. Net 70 which was leading albeit a small number of scores still to be submitted. Hopeful I might have won. Won the final last year with a net 72 on a horrible day weather wise. Played very steadily today. 3 putted for a double bogey on 7th but no big disasters. 🤞

Edit to add CSS looking like 72 so should be down by 0.4 to 10.5. Had gone up to 11.1 so hopefully heading on the right direction.

Played in our Medals Final today. Net 70 which was leading albeit a small number of scores still to be submitted. Hopeful I might have won. Won the final last year with a net 72 on a horrible day weather wise. Played very steadily today. 3 putted for a double bogey on 7th but no big disasters. 🤞
Edit to add CSS looking like 72 so should be down by 0.4 to 10.5. Had gone up to 11.1 so hopefully heading on the right direction.

Well in. At least your golf is improving.....unlike your football team

Well in. At least your golf is improving.....unlike your football team

[emoji23][emoji106]
Sounds like we played reasonably well today but gave away two cheap goals and lost. It’s a loss nonetheless but given I thought we might be really awful this season there are at least some signs of hope.

14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

emoji23.pngemoji106.png
Sounds like we played reasonably well today but gave away two cheap goals and lost. It’s a loss nonetheless but given I thought we might be really awful this season there are at least some signs of hope.

Andrew Coltart admitted to being a QOTS fan on the golf from Fairmont as well.

Apparently MacIntyre had a bit if a hip problem but because if ther Covid related restrictions in place he couldn't get the level of physio required to treat it properly so he had to withdraw. 
Quite a few Scots made the cut although only Marc Warren looks in with any sort of chance of winning. 
Warren playing well enough but finds himself 10 shots off the lead on -8, alongside Calum Hill in T16th spot. Connor Syme is 1 shot further back.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

emoji23.pngemoji106.png

The acid test awaits next Saturday ;)

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
14 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Apparently MacIntyre had a bit if a hip problem but because if ther Covid related restrictions in place he couldn't get the level of physio required to treat it properly so he had to withdraw. 
Quite a few Scots made the cut although only Marc Warren looks in with any sort of chance of winning. 

Warren playing well enough but finds himself 10 shots off the lead on -8, alongside Calum Hill in T16th spot. Connor Syme is 1 shot further back.

Hopefully one or two of them will make a run at the top 10 tomorrow. Haven't caught any of the play so far but will hopefully get a chance to watch tomorrow. 

40 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Congrats Adrian Ortaegui, another superb round of 63 and 10 birdies to go with the 62 he posted on Thursday to take the Scottish Championship at Fairmont (-23). Some incredible approach work today!

He was excellent today. A pity that Porteous blew up at the end though. 

Congrats Adrian Ortaegui, another superb round of 63 and 10 birdies to go with the 62 he posted on Thursday to take the Scottish Championship at Fairmont (-23). Some incredible approach work today!
Brilliant scoring and was close to an ace. It's his 3rd win on the European Tour, but his first in a purely stroke play event.

Ewen Ferguson ended up as top Scot after a closing 67. 9 Scots in the top 50 or so.

On 16/10/2020 at 16:51, Honest_Man#1 said:

f**k me the King’s Course was tough. Probably the toughest course I’ve played, even in perfect golfing conditions. Had a few decent holes, but also a few absolute shockers the likes of which I haven’t had in a long time. Still an enjoyable round.

Hoping the Queen’s is more forgiving.

A real tale of two halves round The Queen’s. Was very strange as I was playing some really good stuff off the tees and in the approach even on the front nine, but was 3 or 4 putting on every single hole. Back 9 I mostly sorted the putting out and ended up only 4 over through 9 and really could’ve been level of I’d concentrated more at a couple of putts.

Overall I preferred it to The King’s. Slightly less tough, but similarly difficult greens. A more interesting layout for me actually which I was surprised about.

A7D0BC4B-1FCF-47C7-A447-F9B343402F16.jpeg

37 points on Wednesday Stableford today. 17 points out and a very satisfying 20 points back. Played the final 6 holes in level par with 4 pars, one bogey and one birdie. Should be a small 0.2 cut. Pleasing.

After two nice cuts this week back to reality today. A miserable 28 Stableford points. Not helped on the par 4 4th hole when a lovely looking 9 iron landed right on a sprinkler head just in front of the green. Instead of a nailed on par and possible birdie my ball shot straight through the back of the green into an awful spot. Did well to make a 6. Managed 16 points on the front 9 but a miserable 12 points on the back 9 with 2 lost balls. [emoji23]

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

84 around St Michaels for me today. First round as a member there after the Mrs surprised me with a winter membership for the place. Only blemish on the card was an 8 on the 9th. Played well tho so that can be forgotten.

Do they still have the agreement with Dunkeld? If so, get yourself up there for a round at some point. Where I've played most of my golf over the years, love the course.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone got good recommendations for a boys golfing holiday abroad?

I’ve unfortunately not been on one myself just yet and actually just got one for November (to Portugal) cancelled the other week. From speaking with guys who been on a few of them, the consensus seems to be Turkey and the Algarve are your best bets.

If it’s purely golf then Turkey (Antalya area) is apparently the place to go these days. A boy at the work has been the last couple of years and says that the courses are unreal. 

If you’re looking for nightlife as well then i’d opt for the Algarve and base yourself in Vilamoura. Too many courses there to mention but you’ll be sure to pick up a deal or two. We were to be playing Dom Pedro Old Course, Pinhal and Vale de Lobo before we were forced to cancel. Absolutely gutted.