Golfers Thread

Gaz

56 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
3 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:
Victor Perez isn't Scottish.  emoji57.png

Tbf, he has lived in Scotland for longer than some players who have played under the Scottish flag.

If he was a rugby player we'd probably be capping him under the residency rules by now.

If the golf world cup ever gets up and running again Perez and Bob would be the team to beat.

5 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Played longniddry today for the first time cracking course! Golf was shite but very enjoyable

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Haven’t played it. Heard good reports about it.

Not played it for years. It's an excellent course, but quite pricey IIRC.

Had my last round of the year yesterday round Royal Musselburgh. Out in a record 37 and back in with a tired 44 for 81. Full winter tees and greens though.

Haven’t played it. Heard good reports about it.

Very nice track, I’ve enquired about membership £800 joining fee over 3 years and £894 a year quite expensive but most courses in East Lothian are! Was in very good condition my only complaint is the greens, tend to rise on a line before the break but I won’t judge them in the winter.... I did manage to hit a conservatory from the tee, woman was waiting to give me my ball back, I blamed my mate[emoji23][emoji23]

Not played it for years. It's an excellent course, but quite pricey IIRC.
Had my last round of the year yesterday round Royal Musselburgh. Out in a record 37 and back in with a tired 44 for 81. Full winter tees and greens though.

What’s royal Musselburgh like?? Been meaning to play it as I know the pro down there. Longniddry doesn’t have a single par 5!! A few very long 4s

27 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

What’s royal Musselburgh like?? Been meaning to play it as I know the pro down there. Longniddry doesn’t have a single par 5!! A few very long 4s

Understandably it's not in the greatest nick atm, but it's a nice enough course. Quite a few short par 4's, so it never feels like a slog and if you're driving it well you'll enjoy your day.

Just now, quickoverayard said:

Might need to give it a wee go!! How much for a round?

Costs me 15 quid as I play with a member. I'm sure you could get on for similar if you know the pro.

It's also on that GolfNow thing.

On 06/12/2020 at 08:48, expatowner said:

IMG_1607244412.517426.jpg

We have been touring the North Island of New Zealand for the last 5 months, and have now played 101 rounds on 90 courses. emoji7.png

Wow. That truly is the dream. Do you not need to work :lol:  That’s the sort of thing I would absolutely love to do, but will almost certainly never get the chance to. I struggle to get a round in once a month. I’ve brought up the idea of going around Scotland for a couple of weeks with my friend and trying to schedule a game every day, starting down the Ayrshire coast and travelling across to play Gullane/North Berwick and then playing a few up the east coast and finishing in the Highlands at somewhere like Dornoch or Castle Stuart. 

On 06/12/2020 at 14:06, Distant Doonhamer said:

Sad news about Alliss. In commentating terms he’s been more irritating than informative in recent times but he was for many years an excellent broadcaster. RIP.

He was undoubtedly a brilliant commentator, very knowledgeable and his voice is synonymous with golf in this country, but in his latter years he came across as the sort of guy Operation Yewtree should be having a very close look at. On more than one occasion he induced awkward silence from his colleagues with some inappropriate comments towards women. 

I think I speak for us all when I say,

Anyone but Patrick Reed to win the DP World Tour Championship

The European Tour app has gone haywire and showing lots of wrong scores. It has Canter on -16 when he is in fact tied for the lead on -11, while Robert MacIntyre who hit a bogey free 66 to sit on -10 is now showing an 8 birdie, 6 bogey round of 70.

51 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The European Tour app has gone haywire and showing lots of wrong scores. It has Canter on -16 when he is in fact tied for the lead on -11, while Robert MacIntyre who hit a bogey free 66 to sit on -10 is now showing an 8 birdie, 6 bogey round of 70.

Tell me about it. I was working this morning and occasionally checking the leaderboard on the Tour website. 

I checked not long before I left and all the scores had changed completely as you've said. The BBC leaderboard had done the same and I wasn't sure which set of scores were correct. 

Glad to see it has been sorted and it's set up for an interesting final day. 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Got to be backing Bob here.

And as much as I dislike Reed, he deserves credit for his consistent backing of the European Tour, which he supports as much if not more than some of the European big guns.

Got to be backing Bob here.
And as much as I dislike Reed, he deserves credit for his consistent backing of the European Tour, which he supports as much if not more than some of the European big guns.
Bob playing with Reed tomorrow, which could be a good thing for him going by this.

21 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bob playing with Reed tomorrow, which could be a good thing for him going by this.

Is there any particular reason Reed plays so many European Tour events compared to other Americans? It’s good that he does, and it would be good to see some other big names playing more events too, but he seems to be on the European Tour semi-regularly.