Golfers Thread

Gaz

Golf within your own tier (or 5 miles of your LA boundary) is my understanding. 

Played 9 holes today. Course was soggy, my putting was dreadful but just good to get out and get some fresh air. Looking forward to making full use of having a membership for the first time ever. 

15 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Random but what the hell does a tiger line mean??? Every time I’m on the tee my mates say I’m taking a tiger line and I’ve literally not a clue what they are on about

Means taking the most brave and aggressive line, with lots of risk, cause you're a pure hero with the skills of Tiger.  The Tiger line it is.

14 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I have my doubts that the designer of this jigsaw has ever been to the Old Course.

Unless this was the mock up for a Pete Dye redesign. 20201223_194230.jpg

Spectacular response from the R&A to the Swilken Burn bursting its banks with those two bridges.

The tee shot off the 1st also appears to have gone from one of the easiest in world golf to one of the hardest.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a gimmie putt? I play with my mate often and I like to hole out every putt like a medal, he moans because I don’t give him putts from 3ft but he’s a terrible putter!!!!

I get that it slows play down a tiny bit but if you practice how you play in medals it can only be beneficial??

46 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a gimmie putt? I play with my mate often and I like to hole out every putt like a medal, he moans because I don’t give him putts from 3ft but he’s a terrible putter!!!!

I get that it slows play down a tiny bit but if you practice how you play in medals it can only be beneficial??

I'd say in our friendly games we generally concede anything within about 2 feet. Standing on a tee at a par 3 watching the group ahead take the time to hole out every single putt in what is clearly a bounce game is annoying TBH.  

Lots of little things that folk do which only slow play by 'a tiny bit' are cumulative factors in slow play.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I'd say in our friendly games we generally concede anything within about 2 feet. Standing on a tee at a par 3 watching the group ahead take the time to hole out every single putt in what is clearly a bounce game is annoying TBH.  
Lots of little things that folk do which only slow play by 'a tiny bit' are cumulative factors in slow play.

I only ever do it when we have nobody behind us, I used to do a putters length with him, I honestly think I’m doing him a favour because how many of us practice putts inside 3/4 feet?

I wouldn’t do it if we had folk behind us waiting, I was out with him the other day and we were stuck behind a 4 ball of a more mature age ( older women ) did they let us through??? Nope

c***s who sign their scorecard on the green or leave their bag at the furthest point away from the next tee can only be described as subhuman scum

c***s who sign their scorecard on the green or leave their bag at the furthest point away from the next tee can only be described as subhuman scum

The bag thing annoys the life out of me.... there’s literally no need!! Another thing that I hate is people waiting until the people in front have holed out before they take a tee shot!!

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

The bag thing annoys the life out of me.... there’s literally no need!! Another thing that I hate is people waiting until the people in front have holed out before they take a tee shot!!

On a reachable par 4? Or just in general?

As an aside, if someone is putting on an adjacent green (ie one within ear shot), I'd normally wait before hitting my tee shot. I once missed a 3 footer in a medal as I was put off by the sound of a guy murdering his drive into the trees and screaming "fucking fore" on the tee beside us.